Eating Disorder Recovery Face Pics- So embarrassing

Options
So I've been in recovery for an ed for a little over a year now. Within that time my weight has gone up and down. Over the past few months my weight has gone down, not all the way, but I know it's too low. So I put these four pictures together to inspire me to never go back to that and thought that I would share, especially for those who are struggling as well. An eating disorder does not make you pretty or happy. The first picture was a bit before the worst of my eating disorder and the last picture is a few month ago, about 8 months into recovery. The between pictures I was at a very low weight and I look horrible. I have no glow. I'm so glad that has returned. Good luck to anyone else working on weight gain!

http://s8.postimg.org/ixa7w2hth/Screen_Shot_2014_09_03_at_10_09_53_PM.png

Replies

• JasmineSchmidts
    JasmineSchmidts Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    FIrst off, I just want to say congratulations for trying to overcome this disorder. I know exactly how hard it is, and I have struggled with an eating disorder for the past few years of my life. I am recovering (slowly but surely), and am finally putting back on some really healthy and much-needed weight! Thank you for sharing the inspiration and encouragement! You can overcome this! (:

Edit: First link works!
  • bd0027
    bd0027 Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    You look gorgeous in the last photo. Congrats!

Screen_Shot_2014_09_03_at_10_09_53_PM.png

Here's the picture for those who cannot pull it up. ^
  • Manarelle
    Manarelle Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Kudos to you! The last picture looks much more alive and relaxed. I'm coming at weight from the opposite direction- trying to lose- but I bet having to eat when you don't want to is difficult. Congratulations on your progress, you can do it!
  • KellyGettingHealthy
    Options
    You have nothing to be embarassed about with the pics. We all face struggles in life and you are a warrior that perservered. That makes you amazing. Keep at it, you are doing wonderful!
  • Timelordlady85
    Timelordlady85 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    Nothing to be embarrassed about to me, it took courage for you to share these pictures and your back story about your ED. So happy to hear your doing better though.
  • ComingUntrue
    ComingUntrue Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    You are stunningly beautiful. Congrats on posting this and for making so much progress! Be kind to yourself <3
  • Chezzie84
    Chezzie84 Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    Firstly I want you to know that yuo are a very beautiful young lady.
    Never ever be embarrassed of those pictures, they are a testament to your strength and power to get though a very bad time in your life.
    Be proud, stand tall.
  • mrsKOrtiz
    mrsKOrtiz Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    You ARE so beautiful :-) :-)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!