Gluten Free Sick Foods?

Options
I've come down with a nasty stomach bug and I can't eat the usual crackers, cinnamon toast, etc. because I have a sensitivity to gluten. What can I have instead that will be easy on my tummy? I'm drinking ginger ale and I have chamomile tea but I need something solid. Maybe potato chips?

Replies

• xTattooedDollx
    xTattooedDollx Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Why don't you try some glutten free crackers and breads?
  • xarrium
    xarrium Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Rice crackers? They're pretty crunchy, but they're fairly neutral and most brands are gluten free. You could also try soup, even if you have to make it yourself (simple chicken-rice soup isn't hard to make, I'm sure there's lots of recipes that only use rice and chicken broth).
  • jalara
    jalara Posts: 2,622 Member
    Options
    Glutino Vegetable Crackers - only decent cracker I've found.

If you want toast, the only one I like is Glutino Corn Bread.

Ginger tea or flat Ginger-Ale

Homemade mashed potato
  • jeebsah
    jeebsah Posts: 39
    Options
    Chex is gluten free. I like the chocolate kind...yummm.
  • Ashley_Panda
    Ashley_Panda Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    peppermint?
  • cataplexyfever
    Options
    Oh no, they make chocolate rice chex? I wish I didn't know that :) I think that'd be good, though (the plain kind).. And I do have some peppermint tea... maybe I will make some ice tea out of it (not in the mood for anything hot at the moment).

Forgot to mention that I also don't eat corn and I have an additional sensitivity to tapioca flour, which is in a lot of gluten free products.

Also, FYI, the potato chip thing seems to be working well... mashed potato/baked potato might be okay too. That is, if I can get someone to cook for me. Any volunteers? :)
  • cataplexyfever
    Options
    Rice crackers? They're pretty crunchy, but they're fairly neutral and most brands are gluten free. You could also try soup, even if you have to make it yourself (simple chicken-rice soup isn't hard to make, I'm sure there's lots of recipes that only use rice and chicken broth).

I think I might actually have some chicken & rice soup already made in the freezer. :)