Calories burned at work?

Options
I am a full timestudent and therefor have my activity level set at sedentary. However I work a retail job that involves standing for long periods of time. I know I'm not burning 1000 calories as the app says but I only work two days a week and never more than 12 hours. How should I account for that?
Thanks!

Replies

• ellew70
    ellew70 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I probably wouldn't - I'd just use that as unaccounted for padding for the items you forget to log or the things you measure incorrectly from time to time.
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    You don't.

Only count calories burned that are from actual, continuous exercise.
  • summer92008
    Options
    I wouldn't account for it at all. There really is no way to tell how much you are losing, but just standing there doesn't burn enough to count. That is part of your TDEE calories. Only account calories burned with actual exercise (running, walking, lifting weights, etc.). If you are looking for ways to lose weight, exercise and reduce caloric intake.
  • onefortyone
    onefortyone Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I worked retail for 40 hours a week and set myself to 'lightly active', so I don't think 2 days a week with 'periods of standing' would be enough to get you out of the sedentary zone, because your body gets used to what you do at work VERY quickly.