Not that anybody cares, but...

Options
I'm so happy and excited that in one month I've lost 15 LBS!! And I've done it without giving anything up, just eating smaller portions of what I love to eat. (I was really skeptical about that advice other members gave me. :blushing: ) What a wonderful way to begin my lifetime journey. Thanks mfp members for all the wonderful advice you post. :flowerforyou:

Replies

• MlleKelly
    MlleKelly Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • kobiemom
    kobiemom Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Many Congrats! Of course we care! You've lost three bags of flour and we're sharing, caring, feeling people! (seriously, we are)
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! :flowerforyou:
  • ADRsmama
    ADRsmama Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Congrats! :heart:
  • lisawinning4losing
    Options
    Congrats! Wow, how did you do that?
  • lighteningjeanne855
    Options
    A 15-pound loss in one month is a MARVELOUS achievement!!!

Portion control is still a problems of mine, so I'd like to know:

What did you think about to be satisfied with smaller portions?

Best Wishes!
  • radimage
    Options
    I wish you continued success. Great work!
  • StrawberryJam40
    StrawberryJam40 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I totally get that, I was very skeptical too but am learning that i don't have to give up my favorites if I learn moderation and live within my calorie range. I'm still trying to make better choices, but I no longer feel you have to be deprived and hungry all the time to lose weight.

And, there are a lot of people on here that do care. For me, it's exciting to see other people succeed. It keeps me motivated, and helps me know that if I just keep at it I can reach my goals too!
  • Salma_82
    Salma_82 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    That's great! Congratulations!
  • karietate
    karietate Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I'm jealous lol..congrats ????
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I totally get that, I was very skeptical too but am learning that i don't have to give up my favorites if I learn moderation and live within my calorie range. I'm still trying to make better choices, but I no longer feel you have to be deprived and hungry all the time to lose weight.

And, there are a lot of people on here that do care. For me, it's exciting to see other people succeed. It keeps me motivated, and helps me know that if I just keep at it I can reach my goals too!

Well said!!
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    Congrat's on your big start!
    8.5% of your body weight in 1 month is amazing. (Not entirely sure it's healthy, but it is amazing.)
    That will/should probably slow to about 1 lb per week now that you're closer to goal,
    and eventually to 0.5 lb per week.
  • Lynninmayer
    Lynninmayer Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Way to go. You are an inspiration.
  • NoMoreBlameGame
    NoMoreBlameGame Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Why would we not care? Of course we care. Congrats to you, that is QUITE the achievement in a month's time; well done!
  • Lynninmayer
    Lynninmayer Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    right on
  • Jonesingmucho
    Jonesingmucho Posts: 4,902 Member
    Options
    In for caring about your success! :)
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    A 15-pound loss in one month is a MARVELOUS achievement!!!

Portion control is still a problems of mine, so I'd like to know:

What did you think about to be satisfied with smaller portions?

Best Wishes!

Thanks!! Well, before I used to eat until I was super full, and I would eat fast. Now, I eat slowly which gives my stomach time to be satisfied. I don't eat till I'm bursting full anymore, but I don't feel like I'm going hungry. I hope u understand my explanation. Lol! :blushing:
  • Lasmartchika
    Options
    Congrat's on your big start!
    8.5% of your body weight in 1 month is amazing. (Not entirely sure it's healthy, but it is amazing.)
    That will/should probably slow to about 1 lb per week now that you're closer to goal,
    and eventually to 0.5 lb per week.

I've been wondering that myself if it's healthy or not, but only because I've seen mostly everybody post those amounts (1lb/week). But I'm not starving myself, I do eat :drinker: and I exercise doing Zumba about 4-5 times a week. I've increased from half hour at the beginning of the month to one hour this week. And i did gain weight (3lbs in one week) in between that month too... but if and when i start losing more slowly I won't freak out so much wondering why cuz I know it's bound happen. :smile:
  • gonzanab
    gonzanab Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    This is awesome. Congratulations on your success!
  • Lasmartchika
    Options
    I seriously didn't think anybody would comment, after all everybody is busy with their own thing. Thanks for the kind words everybody!! :bigsmile: I really think this time I'll finally be able reach my goal, after many times of failed attempts. :glasses:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!