free weights at the gym

Options
Cjmi427
Cjmi427 Posts: 26 Member
I finally got up the nerve to ask someone to show me how to use the squat rack at the gym. I'm not going to be intimidated by the scary, scary free weight area anymore! ;) I had been lifting at home, but the gym's equipment is obviously better.
Also, the manager who helped me said he thought I'd been working with one of the trainers because of how in shape I'd gotten over the past few months. That comment made my whole week!

Replies

• amberj32
    amberj32 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    That's great! Usually my daughter and me are the only two females in the free weight area. It was scary at first!
    Congrats on the comment! That always feels great!
  • margannmks
    margannmks Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Good for you, its easy to let the unknown be scary, and its nice when someone notices your effort. When i joined my gym i was in pretty good shape too so the weights didnt feel foriegn but omg all the new machines id never seen before put me off a little. I finally just asked someone after i watched them use it , ive only incountered friendly helpful people so far. It is so much better than doing it at home for me.
  • ChronicOptimist
    ChronicOptimist Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!! I always feel my best when I'm lifting, and the squat cages make you feel so hardcore!
  • lisacarrana
    lisacarrana Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Go for it. It is intimidating I could not agree more. But like me I'm sure you will find everyone is helpful and always willing to encourage.

I lost a large amount of weight but it's the free weight room that has started to make a difference.

Well done you. I wish more women would pluck up the courage.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!