1 cup heavy cream
2 ounces cream cheese, cut into small pieces
1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
1 1/2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar, plus 1/2 cup for topping the casserole
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
Equipment: 8 by 8-inch baking dish
Directions
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Season the water with salt.

Spray the baking dish with vegetable oil spray.

Cook the cauliflower in the boiling water until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Drain well and pat between several layers of paper towels to dry. Transfer the cauliflower to the baking dish and set aside.

Bring the cream to a simmer in a small saucepan, and whisk in the cream cheese and mustard until smooth. Stir in 1 cup of the cheese, salt, pepper and garlic and whisk just until the cheese melts, about 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from heat, pour over the cauliflower, and stir to combine. Top with the remaining 1/2 cup cheese and bake until browned and bubbly hot, about 15 minutes. Serve.

Replies

• GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    To be mac and cheese it must have pasta.... cauliflower is not and will never ever be pasta. Can't you just call it cauliflower and cheese???

This has full fat cheese, heavy cream, cream cheese... why not go with the pasta ?
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    The "MAC" means macaroni.
    Maybe you weren't aware of this.
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    So you've made a traditional English dish that my Mum used to make 'Cauliflower cheese.' So why don't you just call it that?
  • jessicalewis82
    jessicalewis82 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I'm excited to try this. Missing mashed potatoes and Mac n cheese. I've made the mashe cauliflower. By the way people he called it cauliflower "MAC" in cheese. Why even comment? Low fat things are highly proccessed. Ketogenic diet eat fat burn fat.
  • KameHameHaaaa
    KameHameHaaaa Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    Yeah seriously, I don't understand the need to comment on something you don't like when you see right there in the subject of the post CAULIFLOWER haha!

This recipe also works if you want to tweak some of the ingredients to appease YOUR OWN dietary needs (example: using reduced fat or greek yogurt cream cheese)

Instead of making snarky comments people should really just take it as the OP at least bringing something to the table (in the sense of adding recipe ideas to the Recipes section of the site) !

Me, I eat both regular mac and cheese and cauliflower. Whatever fits the macros when I'm having a craving ;)

Thanks for the recipe!