How do you log Workout Videos

I'm thinking about starting some of Jillian Michael's Workout video's from home and don't know how to log them can someone tell me how to do this.

Also plesae feel free to add me as a friend as well

Replies

• BraveNewdGirl
    BraveNewdGirl Posts: 937 Member
    Most people log them as Circuit Training - General because they alternate cardio and strength training intervals. Just know that the calorie burn estimate can be overly generous if you log them that way! Alternately, you can wear a heart rate monitor while you do the videos and create a custom entry for a more accurate log.
  • kasney
    kasney Posts: 13 Member
    I am doing the 30 day shred and I just created one that say the title so I can look back and see which video worked bast for me. I use a HRM so I enter all my own info and not have to rely on the standard circuit entry.
  • lokepa
    lokepa Posts: 204 Member
    I've done (and continue to do) a bunch of videos... P90X, P90X plus, P90X3, Insanity, Tapout, T-25, Ruthless... HRM is the easiest way to log. I create my exercise, and log in my hrm results each time. Trying to find an accurate equivalent here will be harder than any of the exercises!
  • VelveteenArabian
    VelveteenArabian Posts: 758 Member
    Most accurate way is to use a heart rate monitor (HRM).
  • I log JM vids at "circuit training". Per my HRM, those rates fall pretty darn close to what I've actually burned.
  • mary6468
    mary6468 Posts: 44 Member
    I love my workout videos. I log them as a generic "Polar HRM" and then put the title of whatever video I did in the exercise notes.