Didn't weigh fruit samples, concerned

Options
Hi there!

I went to a fresh produce market today in the city. Before going, I had one of my typical meals, salad and Skinnypop (merits about 300 calories). However at this market, I was trying fresh fruit samples from many of the stands, and I have no idea how many calories it could have been. I also ate a lot of fruit later in the day, but I weighed that.

Should I be concerned? Or just try to make a close guesstimate of the calories and hope it's somewhat accurate? Not sure what else I can do now.

Replies

• spmode
    spmode Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    You could make a close guesstimate if you wanted, but I would not be concerned. These unaccounted calories make up much less than 1% of all your counted calories that you've been tracking this whole time. All the effort you put in to being accurate and counting calories gives you room for error. No worries!
  • kirkor
    kirkor Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    It's only one day, I wouldn't fret.

Also, I've seen a lot of fruit in the database that's classified like 'small', 'medium', 'large', so you could just use those entries for today.
  • bethanyboomstick
    bethanyboomstick Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I seriously doubt those samples added up to a significant amount. I wouldn't worry about it.
  • zomarose
    zomarose Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Yeah, you're fine, don't worry about it :) I vote you just guesstimate!
  • majigurl
    majigurl Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    Hi there!

I went to a fresh produce market today in the city. Before going, I had one of my typical meals, salad and Skinnypop (merits about 300 calories). However at this market, I was trying fresh fruit samples from many of the stands, and I have no idea how many calories it could have been. I also ate a lot of fruit later in the day, but I weighed that.

Should I be concerned? Or just try to make a close guesstimate of the calories and hope it's somewhat accurate? Not sure what else I can do now.

It was all just fresh fruits? It's fine. WW doesn't even count fruits in their guides. you could guesstimate, but it keep it low. It was prob. small bites of lots of fruits which really doesn't add up that quickly.

but I wouldn't even add it.. Maybe I would put one medium banana in my log :/ about it.
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options
    guestimate and let it go. Just don't make a habit out of not measuring your portions and you'll be fine
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't sweat it. Call it a large apple or a bunch of grapes & call it good.
  • nykismile
    Options
    Okay, I'll add in like 250 cals. Thank you all :)
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    If you're REALLY concerned, just don't eat all the way up to your normal consumption for logged foods. So if you eat 2000 cals, eat 1900 or 1950.

Not a huge deal in the end - even with more sugary fruit, it's not like you've consumed a few hundred extra cals from samples. Unless by sample you mean you are a big bowl at each stand.