Learning self-discipline...

Options
Today I had to stand on my feet for about 9 hours, then afterwards I had to go grocery shopping and clean the house a bit. As soon as I got home, I wanted to get in the bed and sleep forever!! I didn't want to get up and exercise. I didn't want to do anything, but surprisingly enough o.o I did it.

I finished my first week of C25k today even though every muscle in my being was telling me not to. It felt fantastic to finally tell myself to get over it and do it anyway. Self-discipline was never my strong suit, and I usually put my excuses before my goals. Today is one step closer to where I want to be =)

Cheers to little progress! Wish me luck, guys. I'm gonna need it xD

Replies

• Mrs_Sarah_Minor
    Mrs_Sarah_Minor Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Hope you keep it up! I'll be sending you a FR soon!
  • EmilyPersephone
    Options
    Great job!! It's victories like that adding up that make me feel truly confident and proud. Keep it up!! =]
  • Mpol2
    Mpol2 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Good for you..... You should feel proud!::drinker:
  • merry_abandon
    merry_abandon Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Way to go! Every victory counts :drinker:
  • singysewgirl
    singysewgirl Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting that! It came up in the side article panel of my food log and I happened to click and read it and you totally were what motivated me to get out and exercise today after a stressful day! :) Keep up the good work!
  • EmilyStopFlying
    EmilyStopFlying Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    This is what I needed to see, after getting a 9-5 job in a child care centre as my first ever "regular hours" job, albeit only 2 days a week. I can't seem to make myself do anything after I get home.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Awesome job, congratulations!