Army man just trying to make weight for once

Options
Hello everyone new here on the site. im not too overweight but i am in the army so fitness is a way of life and its a way of life ive been barely getting by with. im about 228lbs right now and just over my tape measurements. before I finished my deployment last month i was under tape and hope to get back there soon enough. good luck to you all.

Replies

• bnascas
    Options
    first thank you for everything your doing .... second welcome and best of luck to a happier new you
  • Xandi
    Xandi Posts: 319
    Options
    Welcome and good luck!!!!
  • NuclearGirl
    Options
    Best of luck to you! :wink:
  • Neliel
    Neliel Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    first and far most thank you for everything your doing .... second welcome and best of luck to a happier new you

Totally agree with what she said! I have the highest level of respect to those fighting for our country.
    Army men keep us safe and provide us with eye candy.
  • MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    HOOAH!

Hi and Welcome to the site. Good luck to you!

My whole family including my husband served in the Army. My brother just got back from his deployment.
  • BrentGetsFit
    BrentGetsFit Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Welcome brother, I'm right there with ya. Been fighting the Coast Guard tape for years. We've got this :)
  • downtome
    downtome Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! you have come to the right place. I'm sure you are probally already very dicsiplined being in the service but this site will help you to stay on track and be accountable. There is a lot of support to be had here and the people are great. Everyone has a goal in mind and the key is to come here everyday and keep siging in! You can do this, we all can. Good luck on your journey!
  • jmyers1230
    jmyers1230 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
    My fiance is in the Air Force and he complained to me that since I moved across the country to live with him, he's gained 3 inches around his waist (got to love PT tests being the only time he cares about things like that).
    Good luck on your journey. I'm sure you'll reach your goal quickly!
  • lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP and thank you for serving our country! My grandfather and uncle served in the Navy and my brother, husband, and I are Air Force (but we won't hold that against you lol :wink:). Good luck making weight - I've been there, done that so I know how it feels. Friend me if you like for support!
  • sscjmc
    sscjmc Posts: 1
    Options
    Best of luck to you. My son just joined the Marines and I spent 11 years in the US Navy and if I can lose 15 lbs I'm going to try to get into the Army to finish up for retirement. But first I have to lose the weight...before I get too old to get back in. :-)
  • k2d4p
    k2d4p Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I am in the Navy and I am trying to make weight for the first time since I have been in. I always have to get taped. Good luck!
  • Nailrep
    Nailrep Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Hi there!! THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE!! My son is in the Navy and struggles to pass his PFT every time!!

Good luck in your weight loss/fitness goals!!
  • Randallw25
    Options
    Welcome and Good luck. We are all here to help.

And Thank you for your service.
  • RodSurly
    RodSurly Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your service. Good luck!