looking for support in weight loss & fitness

Options
Hello,my name is karen. Mom to 6 wonderful children ages 7-25 . Been married almost 26 years.
Always been battling with my weight most of my adult life.
Was at my heaviest around 2-3 years ago.
235 pounds & am only 5 foot 2 :(
I managed to lose a few pounds recently!!!
My current weight is 218 pounds,still way too much:(
I will be 50 in feb. & am aiming to lose 20-30 pounds by my b.d.
I will still have weight to lose after this of course but want to set a realistic loss by feb.
I could really use a support team & of course am here to offer support to others :)
Thanks
Karen

Replies

• ayoung523
    Options
    feel free to add me :)
  • mandyleec12
    Options
    hi my names Amanda I just started this myself. I've been really hard on myself the past two days just downloaded the app today so haven't been able to keep a diary yet. I've been working out the gym hours at a time. I have let go of everything that I love except my coffee creamer day 2 and I feel like I want ice cream,and french fries you know everything that we're not supposed to eat feel free to add me I could use as much support myself
  • lisaminerva
    Options
    Hi Karen,
    You are doing the right thing by keeping a food diary. I use to work at Jenny Craig 20 year ago and they had me on 1200 calories a day when I wanted to lose weight and I had to keep a food diary. I wasn't way over weight then but I lost 10lbs in two weeks but I felt tired all the time. But It worked for me. For me I found that I had to get in "shape" inside doing exercise until I reached a good fitness level before I started counting calories in order to feel more healthy and increase energy . What I did to lose my baby fat was eat clean but not count calories, but I only ate until I was full. I ate tons of veges, fruit, some roasted meats for lunch and dinner, with oatmeal protein shakes for breakfast, no sugar, no processed foods, no dairy. I did not count calories right away, but instead hired a personal trainer to get me motivated for about 6 weeks/ half hour twice a week. Then I added more days as I got stronger, it was tough and expensive but it did the trick. It's been 12 weeks and I am now able to exercise 4-5 times a week for 30-55 minutes without a personal trainer. I do spin, circuit training, kick-boxing, etc always mixing it up and I've added weights. If you don't lift weights you will lose weight but your shape will stay the same. If you want to change your shape you have to lift weights. Hope that helps a little, I know it's tough but keep your eye on the prize and keep going. You WILL reach your goal :flowerforyou: