Brain performance increase from weight loss?

Options
Can any of you guys confirm this?

Replies

• Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    wot?
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    I did not find research directly answering your question. So the answer is probably no one knows the answer.

Related abstract links for your consideration:

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S019566630900004X

http://www.nature.com/ijo/journal/v30/n9/abs/0803279a.html

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1038/oby.2003.170/full
  • davert123
    davert123 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    brain performance sounds a big subject. People have a higher sense of wellbeing and heath is strongly correlated to a reduction in depression and anxiety if that's what you mean
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    Whatever increase in brain performance I've received is offset by reading the message boards. It shaves off several IQ points every time I check in here. I really need to stop while I can still think.
  • northbanu
    northbanu Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Whatever increase in brain performance I've received is offset by reading the message boards. It shaves off several IQ points every time I check in here. I really need to stop while I can still think.

Confirmed as truth
  • NoMoreBlameGame
    NoMoreBlameGame Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I haven't lost very much weight yet, and I can't confirm an increase in brain function with any well-known, legitimate sources, but...

...what were we talking about again? :ohwell:

The rest of your body increases in performance when you lose weight that you need to lose (generally speaking)...it stands to reason the brain would also, as it is also part of your body. I have nada to confirm that, just my opinion and you know what they say about those....:laugh:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options

Confirmed as truth

Link to confirmation please
  • Loralrose
    Options
    Well, here's my super specific answer so take it for what it's worth. I have ADHD and exercise helps me even more than medication does. When I work out hard for an hour+ per day I notice a huge improvement in my focus, planning ability, and memory.
  • northbanu
    northbanu Posts: 366 Member
    Options

Confirmed as truth
    Link to confirmation please
    Sorry, no peer reviewed studies available. I should have stated "Anecdotally confirmed as truth". Sorry for the broscience.