Easiest protein powder recepes

Options
Bought myself some unflavored GNC protein powder to help build some muscle and help with recovery from running and biking. I have never been in the habit of making protein shakes, and my eating routine is pretty much the same everyday. What are your easiest protein powder recipes that don't add too much to my daily calorie count? Looking for cheap, quick and easy.

Replies

• stuffinmuffin
    stuffinmuffin Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    I haven't bought the plain (unflavoured) ones before, but here is how I use mine...

:blushing: I'm not entirely sure you could really call these 'recipes'

Anyhows:

Added into my morning porridge (about 20g) :drinker: Note, always add AFTER cooking. I learnt the hard way and it was pretty grim.
    Added to greek yoghurt

Both of the above with or without cocoa to add a chocolately feel. I think this will work best with the flavoured whey powders as the sweetener in the flavouring helps.

With the plain stuff you can add it to scrambled eggs.

There are loads of smoothie recipes and coffee is another thing you can use with it.

Have fun and experiment.
  • Chrisparadise579
    Chrisparadise579 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    with unflavored here is my favorite, cocoa powder, pb2, 1 frozen banana, 1 and a half cup almond millk boom! deliciousness
  • FaithtoSucc33d
    Options
    Simple Protein Pancakes
    6 eggs
    2 scoops of protein Powder
    Blend in a blender
    cook like regular pancakes on a griddle sprayed lightly with pam.
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    If you're trying to gain muscle, then you need to be eating at a caloric surplus. Just mentioning this as you want recipes that won't increase your calorie count all that much.

I personally will make protein pancakes, or other baked goods with protein powder. I usually jsut Google for recipes and try things out until I find things that work for me. I've tried a few PP recipes that totally failed and tasted nasty, others were good. It's very hit/miss.
  • Grumpy311mfp
    Options
    Thanks all for the great ideas. Let me give you a tip of my own about protein. I just passed a kidney stone, and my urologist advised me that consuming too much protein puts you at risk for these. My advice is to really watch your fluid intake when boosting the protein. I don't wish the kidney stone thing on my worst enemies.

Still, thanks for the great suggestions.