what is your late snack food?

Options
I tend to get a snack at night, usually yogurt or berries, maybe turkey rollup lunchmeat, what are your healthy snack night foods? Running out of ideas and don't want to be hungry or at least not too hungry.

Replies

• amorfati601070
    amorfati601070 Posts: 2,869 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese.
  • shireeniebeanie
    shireeniebeanie Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Microwave kettle corn is 120 calories per bag, and plain popcorn lightly seasoned is a fraction of that.
    Enables me to stuff my face guilt free.
  • majigurl
    majigurl Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    - 19 almonds
    - 75g of grapes.
    - Pre-prepared cheese
    - any fruit
    - Combination of red peppers, yellow peppers, carrots and tomatoes. ( I like those together :) )
    - Greek yogurt

If my calorie count for the day is still way off

- veggie chips.
    -Tuna dip ( made with some mayo and chilli, so good! ) on some cucumbers

Late night snacking was the hardest thing for me to change, I i've had to make sure everything is already pre-washed and ready to go so it is easy to grab like a bag of chips used to be. I even count out my almonds way in advance lol
  • ChloeBear414
    Options
    a packet of oatmeal, bowl of cereal, veggie sticks, light pop corn, glass of water rather than a snack lol
  • majigurl
    Options
    a packet of oatmeal, bowl of cereal, veggie sticks, light pop corn, glass of water rather than a snack lol

Oh! that reminds me! which my late night snacks I ALWAYS drink a glass of water with it! It helps to keep the hunger at bay and makes me feel like i've eaten a tone of food!
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    Options
    thanks, I am not a water drinker, lost my weight without the water but hey if it seems to work I will try it. Night time is always the hardest and I cant save many calories. I never understand it when people say I cant eat all my calories, no problem there.
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    Ice cream!
  • Rmfowler1990
    Rmfowler1990 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Bananas and peanut butter or hummus and veggies or chips and salsa. All are staples in my house these days.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Trek mix from Trader Joes, (has chocolate in it).
  • majigurl
    Options
    thanks, I am not a water drinker, lost my weight without the water but hey if it seems to work I will try it. Night time is always the hardest and I cant save many calories. I never understand it when people say I cant eat all my calories, no problem there.

I'm at that point now. 3 months in. I think it is because i'm eating so many nutrient rich foods that I don't feel as hungry anymore. I could sit and eat a bag of chips and loads of m&m's a night after having mcdonalds :/ I was just always HUNGRY!

grapes, cheese and water does it now!
  • BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options
    Pints of talenti. On calorie short nights, popcorn, Greek yogurt, pickles, salad, hummus and chips
  • Tallawah_
    Tallawah_ Posts: 2,471 Member
    Options
    My favourite is wafer thin beef slices. Lots of protein, minimal fat. They are about 20 calories a slice but I usually eat the whole pack! :smile:
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Usually a pot of instant oatmeal, fruit, skinny popcorn, nuts, 81% dark chocolate; that sort of thing.
    In the past, it was a big bowl of fage greek yoghurt with pb2, stevia, flax and berries mixed in.
  • NK1112
    NK1112 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    I tend to get a snack at night, usually yogurt or berries, maybe turkey rollup lunchmeat, what are your healthy snack night foods? Running out of ideas and don't want to be hungry or at least not too hungry.

a cup of milk
    or
    a long rib of celery with 1 tablespoon peanut butter

I cannot have anything containing flour for an evening snack because it will set off feelings of hunger. Of the two I use, I like a cup of milk the best.
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    Options
    Ice cream or GTFO.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Ice cream!

This, or if I don't have many calories left, a Fruttare bar or a couple Ghirardelli squares
  • MaddyT122
    MaddyT122 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I usually don't snack at night but if I am really hungry, I will have a bowl of oatmeal with raisins or a slice of low fat cheese
  • hearthwood
    hearthwood Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Watermelon, peach or banana.
  • VKanam
    VKanam Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    hummus and carrots, or a Nature Valley peanut butter protein bar, or a couple of McVities digestives biscuits