Motivational Blogs?

Options
I like to follow weight loss blogs and keep up with people who are blogging their weight loss journey. However, lately so many of the ones that I read are relapsing and struggling with gains. I do understand that happens sometimes. But, I need to balance out my reading with some positive ones. You know the person who has been maintaining for a while and is still happy about the process:) Or someone who is still losing weight but has no excuses? I'm having trouble finding new blogs to read that are inspiring.

I was wondering if you guys could suggest some blogs that you find upbeat and positive? Whether it be MFP blogs, wordpress, blogger, etc. Thanks in advance for your recommendations:)

Replies

• EmilyPersephone
    Options
    Bumping, because I would love to see what blogs people recommend. I too am in need of some inspiring ones to read!
  • onefortyone
    onefortyone Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    hmm, I have been a blogger for a while - ups, downs, rants, raves, backslides, etc. May honestly not be what you're looking for, which is fine, but right now I am motivated, making progress with my fitness goals, and I post recipes that are delicious and fit into my calories (and budget). I am not a fan of blogs that attempt to paint the authors' lives as perfect or sell something, so I will also be following this thread to find some cool ones :)

http://prolixities.wordpress.com
  • sky110
    sky110 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    hmm, I have been a blogger for a while - ups, downs, rants, raves, backslides, etc. May honestly not be what you're looking for, which is fine, but right now I am motivated, making progress with my fitness goals, and I post recipes that are delicious and fit into my calories (and budget). I am not a fan of blogs that attempt to paint the authors' lives as perfect or sell something, so I will also be following this thread to find some cool ones :)

http://prolixities.wordpress.com

Congrats on your progress! Thanks for the link, I will be adding you to my reading list:)
  • sky110
    sky110 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • hbarber85
    hbarber85 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    My friend Anna and I have started a Facebook page to not only track our journeys, but to also share recipes, tips, and tricks that we learn along the way. It would be wonderful if you would show your support by liking it! www.Facebook.com/shimmyandshrink I know we can all use as much motivation and support as we can get! We are two teachers just trying to push down the right path to healthy lives! :)