On my way to a new ME!

Options
Hi everyone! Just started working out this past week and I am trying to stay positive that I can keep it up. 34 years old, 35 pounds overweight (a healthy weight for me would be 105 since I have a petite frame). Cardio (30 minutes) plus weight training (1 hour) 3x/week. The calculations show I will probably not reach my goal by my cousin's wedding end of November, but hopefully I can make some permanent changes for a healthier lifestyle. It's so difficult trying to deal with the cravings!

Replies

• stevenlcopeland
    stevenlcopeland Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the community. Never say never on how much or how fast you can lose weight. I just lost 15 pounds in 2 weeks. Now agreed I have trained for many years but I will cycle up then back down for muscle development. When I do want to go down 15 to 20 pounds I always go back to a very strict HIIT (high intensity interval training) routine. I do it for at least 5 days a week. If your cardio fitness isn't up to it, just do the best you can and watch what will happen and the results you will get. The training is tough. Remember pain is inevitable, suffering is an option
  • KLangleydoula
    KLangleydoula Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    Hi! Congrats on your decision to make some lifestyle changes! Feel free to add me as a friend if you want. :)
  • _CarpeDiem_
    Options
    Thank you for the words of encouragement! You both look great! I am new to all of this so still trying to figure out how to add the ticker as my signature, add people, etc.

Back in the Summer of 2011 I was 105 and healthy. My husband and I started to have problems and I would go out to eat often with my sister-in-law ... just to talk/vent/have a shoulder to cry on. We RARELY ate healthy food. I packed on the pounds and now 3 years later I'm 30 pounds overweight and struggling to work it off.

When my husband left in 2013 I was devastated. I focused on surviving (working, taking care of my kids, etc) and I didn't focus on taking care of myself. I realized that I needed to make some serious changes and dedicate some time to working on myself. I want to be around when my kids are older and the path I am on, or should I say - WAS on, was not a healthy one.