Any tips for healthy (low cal) "snacks"

Options
I have a dried fruit and natural nut mix on hand, and have 1/4 cup of that if I'm starving in the afternoon.
I do try to fill up on herbal teas (green tea/pepermint tea) etc morning and afternoon tea to make me feel satisfied.
Just need some snack ideas for around the less than 200 calories??? If anyone has any ideas for me much appreciated cheers.
For natural/healthy food if poss. :)

I've been having 2 rows of Whittaker's chocolate as a "treat" which has turned into a daily thing, so I"m wanting to knock that on the head (not buying any more so it's not in the house!) and replace it with something better for me.

Replies

• jabdoko
    Options
    Popcorn!
  • firebloom
    firebloom Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I second popcorn. Also, I'm not sure where you are located but where I am in Australia they sell roasted salted chickpeas that are really nice and about 150 calories a serve.
  • jabx1962
    jabx1962 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Dark Chocolate covered Almonds.
  • forgivensins
    forgivensins Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    My favorites are roasted chickpeas with cayenne/cilantro, raw almonds/cashews, prunes (like 3 of'em are 50-60 calories), cucumber slices (slightly salted), popcorn (sprinkle different things on it, cinnamon or parmesan depends on the mood). I also like those cheeses like mozzarella sticks or Babybels (unless you watch your sodium, never mind). I also like multigrain rice cakes with almond or peanut butter/banana slices (or if you're in a real chocolate fix you can try a tiny bit of Nutella). Kale chips/veggie chips. Lots of small low-cal fruit (berries, guavas etc.) Can you tell I'm a big fan of snacking?
  • sistrsprkl
    sistrsprkl Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    Kale chips or those seaweed snack packs, I really like those.
  • angela233Z
    angela233Z Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Here are some foods that work for me - less than 200 calories and filling.

1 - Boca Burger, cut up vegies and salsa for less than 200 calories and very filling.

2 - have a low calorie smoothie - spinach, almond milk, flax seed, strawberries - around 100 calories

3 - quaker oatmeal with blueberries - 200 calories

4 - greek yogurt with chia seeds and fruit

5 - hummus with cucumbers and carrots
  • christinazaia
    christinazaia Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    jello mousse temptaions chocolate indulgence no sugar added....only 60 cals mmmmm
  • nicoletapp37
    Options
    Wet some grapes, toss them in jello mix and freeze . Super yummy!
  • runningforthetrain
    runningforthetrain Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    I haven't heard of Whittaker's -- but, if you want to satisfy a chocolate craving, how about a square of dark chocolate- only 50 cals - small amounts are supposed to be good for you. Or Soy Chocolate pudding. Fig Newtons and a small glass of non-fat milk or soy milk is very satisfying. But this only works if you can stop at two newtons-- or you could always just eat the figs alone.
  • pineapple_jojo
    pineapple_jojo Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Fruit?
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,732 Member
    Options
    One frozen waffle with sugar free syrup.

One pita with 2 tablespoons of hummus (or more if you use black bean hummus)

One half a ham sammich with tomato and mustard (or a whole one if you use the Sara Lee 45 calorie bread, or any brand of sandwich thin buns)

Apple and peanut butter (watch the quantity carefully) or apple and cheese.

A half serving of pasta with some chopped onions, garlic and tomatoes, and sprinkling of herbs.

Ramen, udon, or soba noodles in miso.

Rolled up deli meat with mustard.

A serving of corn chips or multigrain chips and salsa.
  • 365andstillalive
    365andstillalive Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt, cheese strings, beef jerky (watch the sodium), fruit/veggies with dip.
  • JasonPC2
    JasonPC2 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I've grown fond of popchips recently. 120 calories / 28 grams. Not terrible and it's just as good, if not better than regular chips in my opinion. I like the Sea Salt variety. I don't like the barbecue kind though.
  • JtKeil
    JtKeil Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    My new favorite is greek yogurt with maple syrup or honey. I use sweetener if I'm short on calories for the day.

Even more delicious with some fruit and crushed walnuts. :love:
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    If you like the chocolate and it fits into your day... why eliminate it?
  • raj2208
    Options
    Thank you ALL for your great ideas !!!!!!!!! I will be doing my fortnightly shop tomorrow, and am going to go and get some new snacking foods thanks to your advice :)

CHEERS !!! xxx
  • babsabs2011
    babsabs2011 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Popcorn! My grocery store also has 100 calorie packs of hummus and guacamole that are great with veggies or chips.
  • Sassy_Girl
    Sassy_Girl Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Jack Links are really good..individual packed - 60 calories - 8 protein and various flavors ...a little expensive BUT we are worth it :)
  • Cheyenelikewyoming
    Options
    Cottage cheese and pineapple - 160 cals
    greek yogurt - 150 cals
    apple - 80 cals
    orange - 60 cals
    1 cup of frozen strawberries - 50 cals
  • nill4me
    nill4me Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Bacon.