Looking for MFP Friends

Options
Hi everyone!

I am 22 years old and trying to lose 30-40 pounds. I've been on this site for a few weeks but haven't been consistent about using it. However, when I have used it, it has been eye-opening (and somewhat shocking) to see what my typical eating habits are like. I live a vegan lifestyle and am not interested in dieting. I know that the way to really make a lasting change in my body is by making actual long-term lifestyle changes. So, that's what I'm working on and what I hope MFP will help me with.

I'd love to have a friend or two who will help me stay motivated and on track as I make the change to a healthy lifestyle and for whom I can also provide support. Please let me know if you're interested (might even be able to be exercise buddies if you're in the Santa Cruz, CA area).

Replies

• lisu
    lisu Posts: 1
    Options
    hi,

i just recently joined it too and it has opened opened my eyes too about the things i eat. like i can eat half of the calories i'm supposed to eat in a day at breakfast it's like really crazy. i'm just replying because i need someone to keep me motivated but i was too scared to talk to anyone. i am more from the san bernardino area if you wanted to talk
  • zatsdeb
    zatsdeb Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Today is my first day and I tracked my food just to see what I was eating and was suprised also at the carbs and fat! Tomorrow I start following the plan and we will see how it works! Lost 55 lbs on weight watchers and kept it off for a year now, not by choice, went every week for meetings and went up a lb. and down a lb..... had issues with thyroid medicine and got back on it after 8 months without. just paying 40 bucks a month to stay the same was very frustrating. Then the plan changed and allows free veggies and fruits, I just felt worse because I felt I was eating too much and was depressed. So.... I am going to count my calories and see where it gets me! Glad to be here!
    Debbie
  • jaci34
    jaci34 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    You can add me as a friend if you would like! I enjoy having friends on here so we can all be supportive of each other!! I started on this site early last year, but it pretty much took until this year to really get going on it and I really want to stick to it!!
  • zatsdeb
    zatsdeb Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    thanks, I will do that! It is nice having a big support group with people who understand!!
  • dolly725
    Options
    I've been at this only for a couple weeks. Been there, done that, too! I'd like to be your support friend.