some sort of itching ???

Options
ughhh its like i feel SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO fat even though i have lost weight:(( i feel like crying. and my skin feels all itchy whereever most of the fat on my body is.. why ? :(

Replies

• Warmbloodwear
    Warmbloodwear Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    OMG this is happening to me too the itching thing??? In the weirdest places???? If anyone knows I would love to know why....I shower after workout and have not changed a thing with detergents or body washes!!!
  • downtome
    downtome Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I also go through periods where I just feel so so fat even though I have lost some weight. I know it's going to take time but I sometimes get discouraged on how long it's going to take but I have to keep on moving forward. The days pass by so fast that we should be at our goals before we know it! As far as the itching, have you used new detergent or powders or anything like that? It may just be your imaginenation as well, try taking a warm bath adding a little softner like babyoil and soak for awhile. Do you have allergies to anything, how long has this been going on? If you think you are itching from being fat, you would have to of had some serious weight gains recently and then I would say it's caused by stretch marks. I know that sometimes I itch all over too when my skin gets dry form the colder weather. If it doesn't stop with a few tried remedys, you should contact your doctor. Try a benedryl pill also, that seemed to help me and it's pretty mild. Take care.
  • Serenifly
    Serenifly Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Sometimes when I exersise my legs itch! like insane itch ... and sometimes when I'm in the hot shower, and turn off the water, I get the same itch ? I wonder if it has to do with Body heat?
  • PattiPositive
    Options
    ME TOO!!!!! What the HECK?? I thought it was me, clothes, detergent. But get it often now! And I mentioned it to my walking partner this Morning!
  • Warmbloodwear
    Warmbloodwear Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Mine only began after I started working out??? So glad Im not the only one:laugh:
  • 1983Miller
    1983Miller Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Maybe it's the fat disappearing, my stomach was itchy the other day.:bigsmile:
  • kyliedurnan
    kyliedurnan Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    glad to see im not the only one too! ahah
  • namrettik
    namrettik Posts: 127
    Options
    A complete guess: it may be due to the nerves in your skin being pulled in different ways due to the weight loss or to temperature changes (after workouts/showers/coming inside from the cold/etc,)
  • rsonthelake
    rsonthelake Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    A complete guess: it may be due to the nerves in your skin being pulled in different ways due to the weight loss or to temperature changes (after workouts/showers/coming inside from the cold/etc,)

This has to be it..............as my stomach has constantly been itching for 4 -5 days now! So wierd.
  • watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    Could be eating a less fatty diet.....I always have drier skin when I cut back on fatter foods.
  • abalina
    abalina Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    lmao! glad to see im not the only one itching lmao!
  • TiniTurtle
    TiniTurtle Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Maybe it's the fat disappearing, my stomach was itchy the other day.:bigsmile:

lol i sure hope so! :o)
  • Iceskatefanrn
    Iceskatefanrn Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    http://www.livestrong.com/article/304596-why-am-i-itching-when-losing-weight/

This article has some interesting explanations - mostly having to do with lacking certain nutrients when dieting. So be sure you are drinking your water and taking vitamins as per your doctor's recommendations.

:-)
  • angisnee
    angisnee Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I've had the itching problem ever since I can remember. Working out, hot showers, hot dish water, etc. I finally mentioned it to my doctor last year, and she said (in my case anyway) that it's cholinergic urticaria. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cholinergic_urticaria

Maybe not what's going on with anyone here, but I thought I'd share just in case. I definitely knew that's what it was after I got out of a hot tub last year and ballooned up with hives...very scary!

ETA: Forgot to add that I usually don't get a rash at all, just very, very itchy red skin.