Help! Know any inner thigh exercises?

Options
So far I've found that the only part of my body that hasn't changed a bit is my inner thighs. Do you know any exercises that can help target this area (on top of cardio?) Any links or descriptions would be appreciated!

Replies

• gecho
    gecho Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    serious BUMP
    i;ve got the same problem (well along abs:blushing: )
  • jtreadwell
    jtreadwell Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Same problem here. My boyfriend wants me to stop dieting because he says my face is starting to look too thin. I wish I had that problem below my waist.
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    Deadlifts, lunges, and GOOD DIET!!
  • Randee75
    Randee75 Posts: 234
    Options
    The Plie(pronounced plea-a) Squat. Basically its a ballet squat that rocks for the inner thigh. I do a lot on my MY SHAPE workout and have noticed a huge difference on my inner thigh area. I am sure you can type in Plie Squat and it will show you how to do them on the computer.
  • orange_avocado
    Options
    Squats will help tone all over your legs, including inner thighs. They are like the goddess of leg-exercises. A lot of women are afraid to do them, but they really are the best thing for your thighs, calves, and butt!

Here's a link to a woman's guide to squatting. She did a 4 part series on mastering them and there's a ton of great info!
    http://www.stumptuous.com/learning-the-squat-1-debunking-the-myths
  • AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options
    Honestly, you can't spot train areas since it is fat causing the problem. Keep up the cardio and watch the diet, as you lose fat it will come off of those areas, usually problem areas last. Just stick with it :-)

On another note, all of my tennis friends have great thighs but I think that is mostly due to the crazy amount of tennis they play!
  • marianmaj
    marianmaj Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    YES here is all you need: I teach Pilates and came up with a routine i call "INNER THIGH FUN" and it realllly works! You need a "Pilates magic circle" but you could use a ball instead such as a Bender ball but a circle is best; i have the plastic and metal by Stott Pilates. Lie supine with knees bent feet on floor and hold circle in thigh area low above knees; squeeze and HOLD for a count of 8 repeat 10x then squeeze and HOLD for a count of 4 do 10x then squeeze and HOLD for a count of 2 repeat 10x then PULSE to a single count tempo 30 x and HOLD the "bonus" at the very end for a slow count of ten...then remove circle and do inner thigh stretches such as butterfly stretch to ease muscle..very effective; all my clients swear by it! The adductor (inner thigh) is a very long muscle and firms up quickly with the right exercise. Good luck, Marian Pilates trainer in Ma.
  • marianmaj
    Options
    YES here is all you need: I teach Pilates and came up with a routine i call "INNER THIGH FUN" and it realllly works! You need a "Pilates magic circle" but you could use a ball instead such as a Bender ball but a circle is best; i have the plastic and metal by Stott Pilates. Lie supine with knees bent feet on floor and hold circle in thigh area low above knees; squeeze and HOLD for a count of 8 repeat 10x then squeeze and HOLD for a count of 4 do 10x then squeeze and HOLD for a count of 2 repeat 10x then PULSE to a single count tempo 30 x and HOLD the "bonus" at the very end for a slow count of ten...then remove circle and do inner thigh stretches such as butterfly stretch to ease muscle..very effective; all my clients swear by it! The adductor (inner thigh) is a very long muscle and firms up quickly with the right exercise. Good luck, Marian Pilates trainer in Ma.
  • marianmaj
    Options
    you can target certain muscles to get toning results...see my Pilates routine called inner thigh fun...leg muscles are massive groups that need lots of hard work..they are designed for leaping jumping and running ..tennis legs are always good since they are doing cardio plus toning work with lunges on the court
  • oddyogi
    oddyogi Posts: 1,816 Member
    Options
    Squats, squat hold, squatting calf raises, alternating lunges, reverse lunges, pendulum lunges.
  • embym
    embym Posts: 65
    Options
    Thanks for everything so far!!! I'm going to bump this again to try and collect more.