Calories in Calories OUT!!!!!!

Options

Replies

• CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    Calories in calories out has always seemed like a huge oversimplification to me.... like we're trying to apply Occam's razor to the human body. I'm glad science is finally throwing that BS out the window.

Anyone else with me on this??

Nope..... It has worked pretty good for me so far...... Think I will stick with it....
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    And they have the nerve to keep going on with this "science". They just published this last week. They just won't stop!! Stop all this "science".

http://annals.org/article.aspx?articleid=1900694

How on earth does this contradict CICO? There are a few threads around here discussing it if you really have something to say.

Neither of the diets tested focused on calories and I personally have lost much more by focusing on calories as well as finding a macro mix that fits my personal needs.
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    Ok. I understand now. Thanks. I learned a lot here today.

Strong conviction...
  • BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options
    CICO has worked very well for me..

Me too!
  • ChrisM8971
    ChrisM8971 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    http://blog.myfitnesspal.com/2014/09/is-low-carb-really-king-of-weight-loss/

I believe that this is related to the article and points out some of the flaws in it
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Yeah...'cause nobody ever lost weight eating sugar and following CICO...*eyes ticker*
  • aimforhealthy
    aimforhealthy Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Yeah...'cause nobody ever lost weight eating sugar and following CICO...*eyes ticker*

Yes, that's just crazy talk. *also eyes ticker.*
  • MinimalistShoeAddict
    MinimalistShoeAddict Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I suppose this isn't real science. Who would ever listen to modern evidence and research.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBnniua6-oM

http://www.alanaragonblog.com/2010/01/29/the-bitter-truth-about-fructose-alarmism/

+1 That YouTube video is a propaganda film that does a good job fooling the uneducated. Nothing more.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    Anyone else with me on this??

Absolutely.

Luddite Nation and the Flat Earth Society totally have your back on this.
  • 21million
    21million Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    In.

I had cellulite but it couldn't have been my high bf% or lack of exercise or a balanced diet or how pale I was or that I am female or that I wore shorts a size too small...

that f**king sugar, man.
  • sbarella
    sbarella Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I suppose this isn't real science. Who would ever listen to modern evidence and research.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBnniua6-oM

I'll save others the copy+paste time: Sugar: The Bitter Truth.
    poison.jpg
    Tasty, tasty poison :love: :flowerforyou: :heart:
  • Navtendon
    Options
    Wow, heated discussion here. No offense Wildeats, but you have some crazy ideas about sugar. It's just sugar for gods sake!!!! I just had some 7-up, and guess what? I'm still here and still alive! It's calories in calories out that's the bottom line. Hate to break it to you bud.

Just think of your body as a black box. You put stuff in the black box, it gets heavier. You take stuff out, it gets lighter. Did you not go to junior kindergarten along with the rest of us??? It's seriously not rocket science.

When people make these "studies" or presentations, they are just ambitious in their own careers and want to spread their ideas. That should be the first red flag. They honestly probably don't see or treat real patients at all like they claim. And these so-called "doctors" clearly forgot that the rest of us actually did go to kindergarten!!!!!

Wildeats, you do need to get your head out of the clouds.

Since we are on the topic, I do have an actual question that might be relevant and has always been on my mind. On food labels, why is sugar the only item that doesn't have a reference to % recommended daily intake???? Especially since Aragon says that it's effects are dose-dependent? Wouldn't that in fact obligate this information to be on the label??
  • snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    Options
    It really is that simple. Calories in vs calories out.

The complex part is the psychology of it. Our mindsets. How we react to food and our relationships with it. Why we overeat, or undereat, when we know may happen.

If it was easily controlled, we wouldn't need places like MFP.
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    I love when the trolls post links to studies that compared two variations of less intake than burn lifestyles then try saying it has nothing to do with CICO.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mmd3z9y9ql1qic5z1o1_400.gif

In for sugary poison.
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    OP has deactivated. A short term troll account ... why isn't that surprising?
  • Kevalicious99
    Kevalicious99 Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    Funny how they post **** like this then deactivate their accounts. I seem to see that a lot .. *shakes head here*.
  • Navtendon
    Options
    LOLstig is the worlds biggest joke. He's literally a punchline.

I hate when these trolls post things that we just don't want to know about.