Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred

Options
Today was my first day doing the Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred. I am just wondering how many of you out there have tried this, and if so, did it work? Also, what other "The Biggest Loser" workout DVDs do you recommend? Thanks!

Replies

• WifeMomDVM
    WifeMomDVM Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried it, but I ordered it through Amazon a few days ago along with some of her other most popular work out DVDs and they are on their way to me! :wink:
  • marrieandfive
    Options
    I'm doing the 30 day shred but I am not doing it every day, I do three days on then some other kind of cardio because my joints hurt and I feel like I'd be risking injury doing it every day...I completed day 10 today, but I actually started 2 weeks ago.
  • patty6473
    Options
    I have the Jillian Michaels "Yoga Meltdown". I really like it. This is a yoga-inspired cardio workout. The first few times I did it, I was sore for a few days after, but once you get into it, your body adjusts. I find that I am much more flexible and strong. It is a much better workout than 30 minutes on the treadmill, in my opinion. :smile:
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    I am doing it right now! I started it with my dieting last monday and I have lost 5lbs this past week and I only worked out 4 days. I think it works if you follow her instructions and don't stop. Its good for keeping active. It's hard to log the exercises because she doesn't do reps and uses time instead. There are lots of other threads about this DVD if you'd like to hear more about it and how others are doing with it :)
  • hcorey2
    Options
    I was also thinking of mixing it up a bit and not doing the DVD every day. I might do the video one day and the elliptical the next. All I know is right now, my arms are BURNING! :smile:
  • hcorey2
    Options
    Thanks everyone....I appreciate the feedback!
  • slewis02
    Options
    I got the video last week but I only did it 2 times before I fell off the wagon last week. :mad:
    I am hoping to start back again.
  • darla48
    darla48 Posts: 25
    Options
    I have done it for the last 2-3 weeks. I have lost a little bit of weight, but I don't do it every day due to knee pain. It is a great 20 minute workout!!
  • Iceskatefanrn
    Iceskatefanrn Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I just did it for the first time today. It's amazing how she KNOWS when I'm ready to "march in place", and she talks about the improved results you'll get if you just push through it! So encouraging! I'm 50 yrs old and horribly out of shape, so in the interest of not injuring myself I'll probably do this DVD every other day, so it'll be a 60 day shred for me, lol!

Love it so far!
  • laDOLCEvita7
    Options
    I just bought this dvd last night. I am starting it today and plan to do it everyday for 30 days no matter what. For each level are you suppose to increase your weights?
  • frubjious
    frubjious Posts: 355
    Options
    Hi,

I did it back in November/December. It was amazing, I didn't lose a lot of weight but boy did I lose inches. I did find it quite tough on my shoulders. I'm waiting to get over the flu and I'm going to re do it then move on to her metabolism booster work out.

Dolce I as far as I know you don't need to increase your weights, the exercises change with each level so they get pretty hard even with small weights.
  • aleslie
    aleslie Posts: 54
    Options
    Hi :) I did 30 day shred every day before wedding for 30 days and I lost 8 lbs...
  • laDOLCEvita7
    Options
    Thats awesome on losing 8 lbs! I have 2 lb weights. maybe i should do 3 lbs weights. i dont know really where to start. i want to be lean, and not have a lot of muscle definition so i dont want to use 10 lb weights.
  • lilmommy
    Options
    I'm just starting today hope to see some results!!
  • hcorey2
    Options
    Thanks for the feedback everyone!
    I have been working out on the ellipitcal for almost a month now and I am SO SORE today from doing this DVD yesterday! My arms and legs BURN! :smile:
    I love to hear the success stories from those who have used this DVD. It just motivates me even more to stick with it!
  • laDOLCEvita7
    Options
    I love this dvd. I am on day 2. love the fact that it is only 20 min long! I used 2 lb weights but i think i may need to increase it.