Just joined and looking for support

kjwebb35
kjwebb35 Posts: 3
edited September 23 in Introduce Yourself
Hey...my name is KJ (short for Kimberlee Jane) and I have just joined tonight! I am really excited about the adventure that is ahead of me but I know it is going to be a struggle. I don't personally know anyone who is on this site so I am looking for any new friends to join forces with. I replied to a post on the one entitled, "Looking for Christian friends," hoping that I may get a few replies. I have set a short term goal of 20 lbs. by March 25 when I will be attending the Women of Joy conference, I can't think of a better way to add to a weekend full of praise of worship. Like I said I am new to this whole site so any encouragement, support, or ideas that you think would be helpful is greatly appreciated. Phi. 4:13..."I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."

Replies

• EQHanks
    EQHanks Posts: 170 Member
    good luck! hope it goes well for you..this community is very supportive!
  • marysimmons
    marysimmons Posts: 35 Member
    HI AND WELCOME!! I ALSO NEW JUST A WEEK IN AND THREE POUNDS LOST. I AM ALSO LOOKING FOR SUPPORT AND NEW FRIENDS. I AM MARY A MOTHER OF THREE BOYS AND HAVE ABOUT 40 UNWANTED POUNDS TO GET OFF THAT I GAINED DURING MY THREE PREGNANCIES. SO I AM DOING THIS SITE WATCHIN WHAT I EAT AND WORKING OUT TWO HOURS A DAY. SO TELL ME MORE ABOUT YOU AND WHAT YOU ARE DOING TO GET THOSE 25 POUNDS OFF??
  • creeves4
    creeves4 Posts: 1 Member
    i just joined too! I wish you luck
  • cynhamm
    cynhamm Posts: 5 Member
    I'd love to be buddies with you. I joined this week too. I LOVE Women of Faith and Phil 4:13 is my favorite verse. My name is Cindy and I live in PA. I need a support buddy too. I have lost 36 pounds so far but need to lose another 80-90. I lost 36 in 12 weeks. I also go to a personal training center and do workout videos on Live Fit Revolution. I have even started running (slowly with walking too). It is a struggle everyday as to what I eat but when I screw up I just start fresh the next day. God is AWESOME and he wants me to be fit and healthy so I will be. Welcome and nice to meet you.
  • Hey...well I, too, am a mother but I have a daughter and a son so I know what it is like to deal with the unwanted pregnancy pounds. I am going to start tracking what I eat as well as excercising in hopes that I will see some changes. I have tried weight watchers in the past and been successful with it but I don't always have the extra money to spend on it so I am determined to prove to myself that I can do this. I know this is going to be hard between work and family but I have got to take the time and make it work.
  • some1toluv
    some1toluv Posts: 6 Member
    Hey I jUst joined today 2!
  • marysimmons
    marysimmons Posts: 35 Member
    :tongue: I ALSO DID WEIGHT WATCHERS AND WAS SUCESSFUL UNTIL I STOPPED. THIS IS KIND OF LIKE THERE SITE BUT FREE. AS LONG AS WE HAVE EACHOTHER FOR SUPPORT I THINK THAT WE WILL ALL BE FINE!!! LETS START THIS NEW YEAR OFF RIGHT!!!
This discussion has been closed.