Zumba

Options
Does anyone recommend Zumba?

Replies

• katrinah013
    katrinah013 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    YES!!! I love Zumba! It is a great way to break up any routine you have and it is a great start to any exercise routine! It is so much fun!
  • cdjain71
    cdjain71 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    fun, if you love dancing, would wear a heartrate monitor calculate the calories
  • emichan21
    emichan21 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    It's amazing! So fun! I've been going since last July and with MFP and Zumba I've lost 30 pounds!
  • fromaquasar
    fromaquasar Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I 100 percent recommend Zumba - it's SO much fun. I do at least one class a week. For awhile I saw it as my cheat exercise that didn't really count as exercise. You are having so much fun you hardly notice you are working out at all. BUT THEN one day I wore my heart rate monitor and found I burnt between 500 - 600 calories in the hour, hardly a slack work out.

So all in all LOVE IT - it is so much fun it doesn't feel like a workout but you definitely get the burn on!
  • alwaysjessie
    Options
    Most definitely! This is my 4th week straight of doing zumba! I love it:) I don't go to the classes, but I have two dvds that are a lot of fun. :)
  • bordersvm
    Options
    OH YEAH!!! It is FUN!!!
  • Phatgal2011
    Options
    I Love Zumba!!
  • ejince719
    Options
    I do Zumba whenever I can. I do Aqua Zumba too. I HIGHLY recommend it.
  • momogogo
    momogogo Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I am addicted to it! There aren't too many ways to burn tons of calories and have fun :blushing:
  • aclcoates
    Options
    I use the Wii Zumba and I love it. A fun way to exercise!!!

I recommend you wear a Heart Rate Monitor watch so you will know how many calories you burn.

If you like dancing go for it!!!!!!!!!!
  • xoxoMelissaxoxo
    Options
    what is the difference between zumba classes and the dvd?
  • btterflylvr
    Options
    I have the DVDs and love them, I can do the 20 minute express workout early in the morning, then one of the other workouts at night... all in my living room. I love them.
  • santiagodm
    Options
    i lost 23 pounds in a month doing zumba. so yes i completely 100% recommend it. but you can't do it halfway. you have to go really hard and not give up and make sure to keep moving even when you're tired. try it! you won't be disappointed!
  • xoxoMelissaxoxo
    Options
    thanks that would be awesome <3
  • CorydonCutie
    CorydonCutie Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I've not done the DVD's...just classes. I absolutely love it. Since I started Zumba I have lost 16 pounds, and I have only been doing it since Jan. 3rd. It is fun, exciting and energizing. Coupled with eating properly, you can really see results with Zumba almost immediately.
    I felt like a goofball my first class because I didn't know any of the moves, but I did what my instructor said and just kept moving. :)
  • dmmsquared
    Options
    Zumba for Wii is on sale on Amazon.com right now for $39.99. This usually sells out quickly, so if you want it buy it, do it now.

It's also eligible for free Amazon Prime shipping.
  • fromaquasar
    fromaquasar Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Well the DVDs are better for doing Zumba whenever works for you (rather than having to go to a class at certain time) and you don't have to be self-concious at all as it's just you in your living room

I prefer classes though as I find the instructor and the rest of the class boost my motivation and energy and make it a lot more fun. But each to their own :)
  • odaatsue
    Options
    It is the most fun I've ever had "exercising" and it is too fun to even call exercise!
  • MrsSommer
    Options
    what is the difference between zumba classes and the dvd?

I personally perfer the classes vs the dvds just because you dont get the whole experience at home. :o) Im a Zumba addict!
  • MrsSommer
    Options
    Well the DVDs are better for doing Zumba whenever works for you (rather than having to go to a class at certain time) and you don't have to be self-concious at all as it's just you in your living room

I prefer classes though as I find the instructor and the rest of the class boost my motivation and energy and make it a lot more fun. But each to their own :)

The part about being self concious is always going to be an issue when you go to a class or gym. You just have to realize that the people there are there for the same reason! AND no one is looking at you! Just have fun and SMILE as my instructor would say! :o)