How To Eat With Dental Bond ?

Options
Long story short... I had a cavity that I thought was something stuck in my gums that wouldn't go away after a few weeks / month. Tooth chipped on thursday, and made emergency appointment with my dentist that the momster paid out of pocket for. Got the cavity filled and dental bonding.

I keep hearing about "don't drink cola", "don't chew apples or gum" "don't brush with toothpaste with baking soda"

But is any of that actually true, or is it all scare tactics ?

Replies

• AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    The momster? Uh, what?

Ask your dentist.
  • focusedonfitness2015
    Options
    I worked in dentistry for 12 years. They advise you to stay away from sticky foods because it gets caught in between your teeth...such as milk duds, laffy taffy, etc. I swore off soda when I was a child after my dentist had me do an experiment. Put a baby tooth in a cup of cola for 24 hours and see what happens to it. This stuck with me for 40 years.

Bottom line is, if you want healthy teeth, brush and floss 2x min per day. The sugar in food stays on your teeth and thats what causes cavities, not necessarily WHAT you eat. You could eat vegetables and if you dont brush and floss, you will get cavities. If you cant brush immediately after eating, swish with water to dislodge anything and to rinse your mouth.

You mention dental bonding..thats typically done in front teeth. You dont chew with your front teeth anyway. Apples and gum will not hurt you, especially sugar free gum
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    :huh: