bra fat

Options
Hi

Calling all toning and weights people please.

Having lost 106lb I have back/bra/arm pit fat :-(

What toning exercises will target this area

Thank you :-)

Replies

• jrodri0105
    jrodri0105 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Eat at a surplus, gain muscle than do a deficit and lose fat. while lifting lifting lifting
  • psicocat
    psicocat Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    It's more the type of exercises to tone those areas I'm after :-)
  • abadvat
    abadvat Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    Toning is mickey mouse - doesn't exist!
    Need to grow muscles underneath the loose skin to fill it up.
    Regarding the bra part - sorry, not much can be done there...:-(
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,197 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Your body is going to lose fat from where it pleases - you can't spot reduce fat loss. You're going to hear lots of advice to be patient and start picking up heavy things. If you don't want to lift, just be patient and keep eating at a deficit. :) Another thing that can help you with the appearance of bulges (in your armpits and back too) is a well fitted bra.

Check this out, if you're interested in measuring yourself: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1282923-boob-shrinkage-after-weightloss

I did this and have been amazed at how well my bras are fitting, and how little my 'bulges' show. I just needed a bra that fit well enough to stay where it was supposed to.
  • sunglasses_and_ocean_waves
    Options
    I love how everyone lectures her and no one answers her question.

Great job on the weight loss OP. I've not had this particular issue, but I'm guessing maybe chest flies or really any upper back/shoulder work will get you started.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options

Great job on the weight loss OP. I've not had this particular issue, but I'm guessing maybe chest flies or really any upper back/shoulder work will get you started.
    +1
  • PatsyFitzpatrick
    PatsyFitzpatrick Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    WOW!! Congratulations!! I find I am a visual learner so my go to is youtube.com just do a search.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=tone+arms+and+sculpted+back

You look really great.

Patsy
    Lutz Fl
  • ABcando
    Options
    http://www.womenshealthmag.com/tags/upper-body-workouts

good stuff check it out . start slow and work your way into it .
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options

This and also get fitted properly for a bra... most women are not wearing their correct size.
  • wilmnoca
    wilmnoca Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    You can't spot reduce and you can't "tone" muscle. You either build it or lose it. Body fat comes off everywhere but some places slower than others. So keep burning it off. That's what you have to do. Period.
  • stevenlcopeland
    stevenlcopeland Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Seated rows. 3 sets, 8-10reps, Lat pulldowns 3sets, 8-10 reps, one arm dumbbell rows 3 sets, 8-10 reps. Do these muscle building workouts every other day religiously for 6 weeks and do not lift light weights. When you do this routine, find the weight in which you can't do even one more rep when you hit 8 to 10. Don't get all wrapped up with eating tons of protein. Does it help ? Sure. Can you build muscle without tons of protein ? Sure can. After 6 weeks you will see results. Change up your program with other exercises. Always strive for every other day working out with weights. Oh by the way, don't forget about the other parts of your body. : )