Zumba! Who loves it? and did it work for you?

Options
Has anybody done Zumba work out videos? Did it work for you in terms of weight-loss? How much did you lose? and roughly how many calories can a 30 min Zumba work out burn? I am in the process of gathering some Zumba work outs, I find that dancing keeps my interest long enough instead of most other work outs because it's fun.

I'd love to hear your opinions/stories.

Replies

• mrsmcmo
    mrsmcmo Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Sorry no advice for you here as I have never done Zumba but I have been wanting to try it! I think I may just take out some DVD's from our local library to see how much I enjoy it. :) I am also interested to hear how many calories it burns.
  • LauraSunRan
    Options
    I love Zumba! The DVDs are not as much fun as a local class, but it all depends on the instructor. I found one who does medium to high intensity workouts and it's been amazing. It definitely makes me sweat for the whole hour. Not sure if it helps lose weight, since I've been counter-productive on the eating end. Good luck!
  • lostemt
    lostemt Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I do zumba but in the classroom tried it on dvd and its not as fun. Here is a link to find zumba classes in your area hope it helps. http://www.zumba.com/en-US/party/classes/class-zumba-fitness

Has anybody done Zumba work out videos? Did it work for you in terms of weight-loss? How much did you lose? and roughly how many calories can a 30 min Zumba work out burn? I am in the process of gathering some Zumba work outs, I find that dancing keeps my interest long enough instead of most other work outs because it's fun.

I'd love to hear your opinions/stories.
  • djpro1337
    djpro1337 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    My wife use to do zumba, and it actually helped her out. She doesn't want to do ANY exercise, and zumba was fun for her. I actually did it with her one time. If you do it right, you can actually get some decent cardio in. The dance moves can be kind of hard if you're not the dancing type though.
  • melaniebester
    melaniebester Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I love zumba! I've downloaded a few onto my computer, and I just do one when I have half an hour to spend! They're perfect for a rainy day, or when you don't feel like a gym session- there's different length videos to do, and it's so much fun to laugh at yourself doing the silly moves.

Good luck! :)
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    No, it didn't work.

They say they teach you how to do the steps, but they go through it too fast. I couldn't keep up. I wasn't able to do it and felt like an idiot for having paid for it.

Even if you do it badly, you lose weight if you're moving...but I didn't want to spend half an hour feeling confused and pissed, so I was like, " 'An inclined plane wrapped helically around an axis' Zumba."

Back to Denise Austin.

It's probably great for dancers, though.