Replies

• justmedjn
    justmedjn Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    you got this!
  • radmack
    radmack Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for all the support and advice! I plan on holding off on exercise this time around, and try to focus more on my eating. I somehow always end up getting hurt, and that sets me back as well. I think I'm going to just start with eating as clean as possible and walking and then add more exercise in later.

That's a great way to start. As time goes by you can add more in if you choose to. One tip I would share as you start out is to find a way to satisfy your cravings in a small way.this will help you stay within your calorie limit. For example, I absolutely love ice cream , so I budget some into my day. I buy single serving items too.
  • sowdenb
    sowdenb Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Thank you! This post was very inspirational! I am on day 5 and at times I question if this will work, Have been tracking cals and exercise...3 lbs. down!
  • mizroxy13
    mizroxy13 Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    Definitely change just one small thing at a time.

It helps for me to not look at the overwhelming task of how many total pounds to lose, but just one pound a week. I find it way easier to stick with seven days, than a year or two. I just look at my one pound goal ahead of me for the week and stick to my macros and take walks. I've lost consistently that way. Also, be 100% honest with yourself and your logging and do not do any single thing that you will not be able to sustain for the rest of your life. You're here to change your health and fitness for good, not just short term. Therefore, if you can't cut out carbs or sweets for eternity, don't do it now. Just find a way to work it into your macros for the day. It's not the food, it's the behavior around the food. Basically, what @radmack said! Best of luck to you and never ever give up! Every small change is a success!
  • Ratches
    Ratches Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I say one day and one meal at a time, small steps. Read some motivational stuff on this site - try some challenges

With exercise - when I am not motivated - I remember what my sister always says - get on the treadmill or what ever for 15 minutes and give yourself permission to get off...typically by then you start feeling good and keep going

This is not an all or nothing journey - just because you ate a box of kraft dinner for lunch does not mean you have to fall off the wagon - just make a change at the next meal.

Logging makes you super aware of what is not the best choice and assist with portions. The weight did not go on over night nor will it fall off overnight

It is not easy for me either - but we are all here for each other

Best of luck
  • Ratches
    Ratches Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    love the whole amputation thought - that is funny and so true
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    I've been exactly where you are right now, and yes the feeling sucks!! But your in the right place!, you can do this!! First of all, you don't have to cut out anything!!! I never cut carbs, fats or anything!! Its just not necessary. All you need to get started is a food scale. ( read the sexy pants thread that someone posted above) just Learn how to weigh and measure your foods, and log them accurately. And later on after you have figured all that out, you can learn about hitting your macros, And finding an exercise routine that you enjoy. Best of luck to you!!! :-)
  • sowdenb
    sowdenb Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    This is helpful...thanks!