how many calories are in this chicken I ate? (pic)

Options
http://i53.tinypic.com/191tf9.jpg

Just your basic baked chicken, no sauce/marinades that I know of.

It had cheese/tomato/spinach on top of it, but I scraped that off and didn't eat it.

I'm so bad at guessing how big servings of meat are. Can someone help me out?

Replies

• garlicbeth
    Options
    :drinker: weigh it with a food scale!!:))
  • LindaReInDE
    LindaReInDE Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    My guestimation is 3-to-3.5 ozs., but it looks like it has cheese or something on it. ? :) I brought my daughter a little food scale, and I use it every day too now that I'm trying to eat healthy. They're inexpensive, and it helps a lot! Best wishes!!
  • kappyblu
    kappyblu Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    It looks like a piece of ordinary baked chicken breast. I am assuming boneless skinless. On average, a chicken breast has about 300 calories. This is for an 8 oz portion after cooking. I would enter a guess of 300 in your diary. But I recommend picking up a digital kitchen scale ($20 Wal-Mart) and this will allow you to weigh everything from a chicken breast to a serving of sunflower seeds. Hope this helped! :smile:

If you think the portion wasn't quite 8 oz, then enter a smaller amount in.
  • MdNp
    MdNp Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    4 oz. of boneless skinless chicken breast is about the size of a deck of playing cards...
  • bp1984
    bp1984 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    IN general just eyeing it the size of your fist is a good indication for a chicken breast serving size
  • erikblock
    erikblock Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    It's difficult to tell from just a picture, but I'm gonna throw out a rough guess of 6 oz.
  • Holton
    Holton Posts: 1,018
    Options
    Can't view the pic......did you make it your self or was it at a restaurant? A 4 oz. size of meat should be about the size of deck of cards. I always try to err on the heavier side and put in more than I think, if I don't actually know how much it weighs. You can enter foods individually at the appropriate meal/snack or go to my recipes and develop it there ingredient by ingredient. Yes, it takes time, but it will be worth it to you in the long run.
  • chiarunner
    Options
    It's hard to gain a good perspective on the size with that pic, just figure 4 oz is about the size of your palm or a deck of cards. When I was eating meat I had a rule that if it was bigger than my Android phone, I would eat 1/2 then take the other bit home.

Now I'm hungry :-). Happy Day to you!
  • Mandee87
    Mandee87 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Just a plain boneless skinlees chicken breast is usually 100-120 calories per 4oz serving. That looks to be about 2.5 to 3 4oz servings I would guess, so I would say 300 calories give or take a little bit. Just an estimate.
  • puggleperson
    puggleperson Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    looks like 6 to 8 oz to me..