help me please!

Options
i have been trying to lose weight, but it doent seem to be coming off.. i go to the gym alot. if there any pill or something that will boost the weight lost. i been starting to go to the gym sence march. i lost 30 lbs by aug.. and have not been able to lose more and gained 9 back please help

Replies

• billylindsay
    billylindsay Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    change yr exercise routine, good luck
  • nilisabel
    nilisabel Posts: 338
    Options
    are you logging your calories? drinking water? i do not recommend any pill or supplement except regular multi-vitamins. You start with those pills you're in for trouble.
  • sixxbaby
    sixxbaby Posts: 543
    Options
    If you are going to the gym a lot, then you are probably burning fat but gaining muscle (which is heavier), instead of counting on the numbers on a scale, measure in inches instead and base it on your clothes. And this may seem crazy, but up your calories just a little bit and after a workout try to eat a protein and carbs and for sure no fat with in the hour.
  • TOYGRRRL
    TOYGRRRL Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Hang in there! Try changing up your workouts and drink lots of water. The pills don't work. Are you eating a lot of natural fiber via fresh vegetables and fruit?

Have you been measuring yourself? Muscle is leaner but heavier than fat. You may be slimming and not aware of the changes. Don't judge by the scale alone.
  • reddcat
    reddcat Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I feel for you. SO sorry I don't have the solution for either of us. I am also at a stand still and ticked about it. Good luck!
  • Newfiedan
    Newfiedan Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    What has been your caloric intake and alotted amount per day? You have to look at many factors everything from caloric intake, to alcohol consumption to diet and sleep. Weightloss and fat loss are 2 different matters muscle weighs more than fat and gaining muscle can negate fat loss sometimes or make it look slower on the scale. My advice is do not weigh in any more than once a week at the most, go more by how your clothes feel on you. Also change your routine at least every 2 weeks so that the body can not adapt to one workout routine, shake it up and try to stay positive.
  • smedlund
    smedlund Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    How are your measurements looking? Are you drinking enough water? What kind of exercises are you doing?

There was a point where I wasn't losing weight but I was losing inches. Now I'm losing both. Sometimes you have to find a balance.
  • jpmajors
    Options
    I am assuming that you lost the first 30 with out a pill, if that is the case keep doing what you did you will get results. My rule has always been don't do something to loose weight that I can not continue to live with. The only substance I have ever used is green tea. You will find it the active ingredient in many of the "weight loss pills". More Cardio Less Lardio !!!! Good luck, you know you can do it !!!!
  • Sharonbed4d
    Options
    Don't take pills. You've lost before so you can do it again. Try changing your exercise routine and track your calories. Make sure you are eating enough and drinking lots of water.
  • sonnacchio
    sonnacchio Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Are you eating enough? if your body is in starvation mode, you won't lose an ounce. I don't know your particulars, but I am a firm believer that your body will let you know when enough is enough. Are you there? Let me clarify that - I would LOVE to be 125 again...however, I KNOW it would be a very unhealthy weight for me even though I'm 5'3". So if you've lost 30, could you be close? If none of the above, go see your doctor. I don't believe I've heard of any magic pill that would make you skinny and beautiful...one can only hope!
  • kimwig
    kimwig Posts: 164
    Options
    i have been trying to lose weight, but it doent seem to be coming off.. i go to the gym alot. if there any pill or something that will boost the weight lost. i been starting to go to the gym sence march. i lost 30 lbs by aug.. and have not been able to lose more and gained 9 back please help
    What are you eating each day and do you log this. Without knowing what you eat, you do not know what calories you have ( and if your nutrition is good). You also need to make sure you actually know the weight/size of what you eat as underestimating that can give you a lot of unexpected calories.

Going to the gym without knowing your calorific intake will not give you all the benefits you need. As they say "abs are made in the kitchen, not the gym".

As people will tell you if you are eating more than you metabolize you will either gain weight or stay the same. Your metabolism will alter over time depending on your weight, your level of general activity, the food you eat.
  • Holton
    Holton Posts: 1,018
    Options
    There is no pill, no drink, no magic food combination, no easy way out! You have to count the number of calories you consume accurately (by weighing and measuring your food) and burn calories through a variety (not the same ones daily) of cardio and muscle toning exercises. Zigzagging your calorie intake is also a good idea - don't try to maintain the same number for weeks at a time. I also discourage processed foods and encourage eating the perimeter of the grocery store, focusing on fresh vegetables and fruits, lean meats, dairy and some frozen vegetables. Drink lots of water and minimize the alcohol (this I know from personal experience). Plateauing is a normal part of this weight loss journey as all of us has experienced it at least once (I know I did at least 3 times). Push through it and keep focused on your goal; day by day by day. Good luck to you!
  • catniss
    catniss Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Just remember--if any of those pills worked, everyone would be thin!!! It's a waste of money and hope. Believe in yourself and not something in a bottle.
  • Warmbloodwear
    Warmbloodwear Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    are you comfortable posting your food diary so we can see what your eating that might have alot to do with it??
  • deanneashley
    Options
    thanks everyone. i think i am going to up my intake of water, and change up my gym plan, and i think some days i dont eat enough, then the next i eat to much. that could be a prob, last week i was sick and in bed all day everyday, the only thing i got up for is taking care of my one year old. but i gaoned 5 last week so hopfully i will lose that all soon.
  • kimwig
    Options
    If you are going to the gym a lot, then you are probably burning fat but gaining muscle (which is heavier), instead of counting on the numbers on a scale, measure in inches instead and base it on your clothes. And this may seem crazy, but up your calories just a little bit and after a workout try to eat a protein and carbs and for sure no fat with in the hour.
    I thought a lb of muscle weighed the same as a lb of fat? :). Also it actually takes a huge amount of effort to gain muscle.
  • kimwig
    Options
    Are you eating enough? if your body is in starvation mode, you won't lose an ounce. I don't know your particulars, but I am a firm believer that your body will let you know when enough is enough. Are you there? Let me clarify that - I would LOVE to be 125 again...however, I KNOW it would be a very unhealthy weight for me even though I'm 5'3". So if you've lost 30, could you be close? If none of the above, go see your doctor. I don't believe I've heard of any magic pill that would make you skinny and beautiful...one can only hope!
    Not sure why you think 125lb would be unhealthy for, as at 5' 3", 125lb would take you to above the mid point of your normal BMI, which is healthy. At 5'4" (and 50 years old) 125 lb is my aim (still 6 lb go, 40 lb lost). I figured there is no reason I could not weigh at 50 what I was at 21.