Question about after weight loss

Options
So, I'm stating to try to lose some weight. I've already lost some but I've never been very serious about it but now I hope to be more serious. The only thing that is worrying me, is that some people after weight loss get like saggy skin and I was wondering if any one knows if you can get rid of it or if there is any way to prevent it?
I am currently 180lbs and hope to lose 40lbs, I'm 5"8, do you think this will be a big problem for me( in regards to having 'saggy' skin afterwards)?
Also I have fairly bad skin, I have many stretch marks from growth and get them pretty easily, if that affects anything regarding my question.

Replies

• bethanyboomstick
    bethanyboomstick Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I don't think you'll have any problems. Make sure you apply lotion or body butter regularly, just to help it out; but really, a forty pound weight loss doesn't seem like it'd be enough to cause anything to sag. Skin is pretty effin' elastic. You should be fine. :)
  • serindipte
    serindipte Posts: 1,557 Member
    Options
    I don't think you'll have any problems. Make sure you apply lotion or body butter regularly, just to help it out; but really, a forty pound weight loss doesn't seem like it'd be enough to cause anything to sag. Skin is pretty effin' elastic. You should be fine. :)

This.

40 lbs and being 18? You should be fine.

ETA: If you lose your weight very quickly, then it may seem you have the sagging skin because it takes it longer to bounce back, but it will.
  • Ciara108
    Ciara108 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! :)
  • cmeiron
    cmeiron Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    I have almost the same stats as you (started at about 175-80 at 5'9") and got as low as 128 - no saggy skin. Now sitting comfortably around 135-140 (with a lot more muscle, rawr).
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    Prevention = eating a reasonable deficit of about 1lb or less a week. Faster fat loss = saggier skin.

THat being said, I went from 200 to 145 years ago and no saggy skin, lost too fast too (about 5-6 months). The heavier you are and more fat you have to lose, the more this becomes an issue.
  • Ciara108
    Options
    I have almost the same stats as you (started at about 175-80 at 5'9") and got as low as 128 - no saggy skin. Now sitting comfortably around 135-140 (with a lot more muscle, rawr).

Thanks, that's really inspirational to hear from someone with the same starting stats!
  • Ciara108
    Options
    Prevention = eating a reasonable deficit of about 1lb or less a week. Faster fat loss = saggier skin.

THat being said, I went from 200 to 145 years ago and no saggy skin, lost too fast too (about 5-6 months). The heavier you are and more fat you have to lose, the more this becomes an issue.

Thanks for the help!