Vitamin B Complex for weight loss!!

Options
Once I started taking this vitamin, I really noticed that I was feeling better, digesting food easier, and boosted my metabolism/weight loss! Once I looked it up, it made sense:

"The Vitamin B Complex is essential for correct RNA and DNA synthesis and cell reproduction. As our Skin, Hair and Nails are constantly growing and renewing themselves we need the following B vitamins to ensure the good health of these structures - Vitamin B1, Vitamin B2, Vitamin B3, Vitamin B5, Vitamin B9, Vitamin B12, Biotin and Choline. Deficiencies of any of these B Vitamins can lead to dry, grey skin, dermatitis, wrinkles, acne, rashes, falling hair and weak, splitting nails."
"Vitamin B1 is needed to help convert the carbohydrates we eat into glucose. The following B Vitamins are needed at a cellular level to convert glucose into energy - Vitamin B2, Vitamin B3, Vitamin B5, Vitamin B6 and Biotin. A Vitamin B deficiency in any of these vitamins can lead to decreased energy production, lethargy and fatigue."

I've always liked taking this one, but however, if you skip a day you FEEL it. Haha spacey, tired, and everything. If you're vegan you REALLY need this vitamin because the main provider of B vitamins in red meat, or leafy dark greens. But if you're like me, even as a veggie lover sometimes it is easier to just stick for the fruit or the pasta ;P

What about you guys? Any Vitamin B stories? :D

Replies

• JodiS75
    JodiS75 Posts: 284
    Options
    I know it helps with stress so it's good for quitting smoking but I haven't paid much attention to the weight aspect! Now I'm excited to try it!
  • theflyingartist
    theflyingartist Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I know it helps with stress so it's good for quitting smoking but I haven't paid much attention to the weight aspect! Now I'm excited to try it!
    Let me know what you think about it! :)
  • sk4399
    sk4399 Posts: 96
    Options
    Once I started taking this vitamin, I really noticed that I was feeling better, digesting food easier, and boosted my metabolism/weight loss! Once I looked it up, it made sense:

"The Vitamin B Complex is essential for correct RNA and DNA synthesis and cell reproduction. As our Skin, Hair and Nails are constantly growing and renewing themselves we need the following B vitamins to ensure the good health of these structures - Vitamin B1, Vitamin B2, Vitamin B3, Vitamin B5, Vitamin B9, Vitamin B12, Biotin and Choline. Deficiencies of any of these B Vitamins can lead to dry, grey skin, dermatitis, wrinkles, acne, rashes, falling hair and weak, splitting nails."
    "Vitamin B1 is needed to help convert the carbohydrates we eat into glucose. The following B Vitamins are needed at a cellular level to convert glucose into energy - Vitamin B2, Vitamin B3, Vitamin B5, Vitamin B6 and Biotin. A Vitamin B deficiency in any of these vitamins can lead to decreased energy production, lethargy and fatigue."

I've always liked taking this one, but however, if you skip a day you FEEL it. Haha spacey, tired, and everything. If you're vegan you REALLY need this vitamin because the main provider of B vitamins in red meat, or leafy dark greens. But if you're like me, even as a veggie lover sometimes it is easier to just stick for the fruit or the pasta ;P

What about you guys? Any Vitamin B stories? :D

Have you found one pill that contains all the B's needed, or do you take multiple?
  • donnam40
    donnam40 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    One of my friends is a pharmacist and she put me on to Vitamin B when I was feeling really down and low on energy. It has made a huge difference. I take a B complex, twice a day. It really does help you at least feel better.

Donna
  • guardup
    guardup Posts: 230
    Options
    I take a liquid B-12 in the morning added to my workout drink. I am going to start taking a B-complex in the evening as well.

It makes a HUGE difference in my energy levels... along with the cocoa/cinnamon/matcha drink I use as a coffee substitute.
  • Aprilbowen1
    Aprilbowen1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Since I have been taking this vitamin, I feel amazing. I felt a boost in my metabolism and am excelling in weight loss.
  • jennyhoon
    jennyhoon Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    bump
  • jessip72381
    Options
    I recently bought b1 for weight loss but reading this makes me think I should switch it for b complex. Any thoughts? Is b complex all around better than the b1 alone?
  • aimforhealthy
    aimforhealthy Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    I take a Stress B-Complex vitamin every day. I didn't think it would make a big difference in my mood and energy levels, but it does. It also makes me pee neon yellow sometimes. But apparently that's normal. :)
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    I've just taken it for energy, but I think if you are having a healthy diet you should be getting all you need anyway and the body can only absorb so much.
  • icrushit
    icrushit Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    One of my essential daily supplements, along with a good multivitamin and omega supplement. Not sure if I noticed any great effects from just the B complex, but generally my diet would be pretty good. I do however notice a real boost when I take a glass of berocca boost, which is basically all B vitamins with a few other things thrown in there, but suspect most of the kick it gives probably comes from the little bit of guarana in it.

Just generally on supplements, may add a vitamin D supplement also, and make it part of my core daily vitamin regime :)
  • liftnlove_
    liftnlove_ Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I take b-complex vitamins every day, in addition to a few other vitamins.

And yet, somehow, when I am bulking (eating more calories than I burn) I gain weight, and when I'm cutting (eating fewer calories than I burn) I lose weight. It's weird. :wink: