so what is better?

Options
:bigsmile: Zumba for wii, Zumba DVDs or a Zumba class? Just curious!

Replies

• verbifyvenus
    verbifyvenus Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I would think a Zumba class. Both the instructor and my classmates would motivate me. I don't get very motivated in my cramped apartment by myself and certainly don't push myself that hard when I'm alone. PLUS it's just more fun dancing with a bunch of people, but I could see why some people might not like that.
  • spacecase76
    spacecase76 Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    class by far!

it is scientifically proven that you burn more calories in a class setting (competition, maybe? higher effort?)

But, the DVDs and Wii game are still pretty good.
  • luckycop
    Options
    Zumba...... Is that something that has to do with the Kama Sutra? Just kidding, but i would suggest a DVD.
  • Aokark
    Aokark Posts: 25
    Options
    I would definitely feel more motivated in a class with an instructor and other people. They help push yourself to your limits... It's easy to start slacking off when you're doing it home and nobody can see you. If your self-control is very strong on the other hand and you know you will go through the whole thing and do it 120% then I guess the dvd/wii would be good too. My vote still goes to the class though! Plus you get to meet new people :D
  • French140
    French140 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Zumba seemed like such a waste of time to me when I tried it on dvd and on Wii. It just didn't give me the amount of calories I was looking to burn in my 1 hour per day. Plus it wasn't fun without other ppl around. So I tried the Zumba class at the gym and it was Soooo fun! I came out drenched in sweat ( nothing makes me sweat except spinning). It was a complete workout but it was so much fun. I say take a class and bring a few of your girlfriends with you!