First day, and look what I did wrong!

Options
i didn't intend to start a diet today using this new "tool", that a successful co-worker introduced me to late this morning. However i packed my breakfast and lunch to support my diet needs. I was excited about this web-site and said "OK, it all starts now for sure!" Then on my way to class i realized that I was hungry and wouldn't: get out until at least 9:00 pm, (yes I'm still in class). Anyway I confess to my brothers and sisters who join me in the fight of weight loss that I WENT TO MCDONALD'S for my on the way to class dinner! My control will speak for itself tomorrow. :grumble:

Replies

• JayAlexander
    JayAlexander Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow is another day! Another chance to succeed! Good luck
  • luckycop
    Options
    Very true, thank you for your comment. Congratulations on being the first!
  • rhondajean43
    Options
    I'm sorry....but thanks for the laugh!!!
  • radarseven
    radarseven Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I've said it before and I'll say it again - why do they have to make junk food taste so good?

Good luck with tomorrow. :)
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    But look what you did right - a healthy breakfast and lunch and you are aware of not making the best choice for dinner.
    That's an acheivement in itself.
    Don't sweat it, tomorrow you can plan ahead for dinner :)
  • luckycop
    Options
    That's what's great about me, Always good for a laugh. I am a riot in real life! but thanks for taking pleasure in my guilt! LOL :bigsmile:
  • klynn97
    Options
    YES!! I "started" posting my diary around lunch when I had already had a MR GOODBAR for breakfast. (which if I could make an excuse for would like to add in was a gift from one of my cute little students) ANYWAYS wish I would have known I was going to officially start this today. This busy mom is excited to be here. !
  • BrentGetsFit
    BrentGetsFit Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    It happens, the trick is getting the healthiest thing possible no matter where you find yourself. Then we do better tomorrow :)
  • Nekol688
    Options
    We've all done that before :) Yes, tomorrow is a fresh start. Good Luck
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    I've said it before and I'll say it again - why do they have to make junk food taste so good?

Good luck with tomorrow. :)

Easy - they have researched just how much fat and salt and sugar our bodies like, so they can make it appeal to us.
    And they do it because they want us to buy it. It's not about nutrition for fast food companies, it's about dollars!!!

We have to be smart consumers and decide if we want to support their money grabbing enterprise or to support our own health and wellbeing.
  • jangroll
    Options
    McDonald's has a detailed nutritional list of all of their menu items on the back of their paper tray liner. Not everything there is as bad as one thinks it is. Personally, I would figure I was all ready doomed so what the heck! Give me a Big Mac and fries! But there are some decent (diet wise) options, honest!!!
  • jrw_0626
    Options
    Hey don't beat yourself up over one meal.Just keep right on track tomorrow.call it a day and start tomorrow in a positive attitude.Please don't make the mistake we all make and use one mistake to keep eating.You can do it,its done so now pick yourself up and keep going.tomorrow is a new day!:flowerforyou:
  • luckycop
    Options
    JRW - I like what you say about it only being one meal. I admit that one meal that = a cheat dissuades me and affects me more strongly than it should. I won't allow myself to use it as an excuse, but instead remember that I won't allow one bad meal to dissuade me from continuing positively!
  • shanell1983
    shanell1983 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Most of us really don't know exactly what we r putting inour bodies. I still have a hard time. If I don't log it in then its all over. Try to log ur meals in the day before so that u know what u will eat for the next day, and if u need to snack then see how many calories u r working ith.