staying motivated when sick

Options
I started feeling crappy today, and it makes me not want to eat healthy. I want to eat carbs or drink coke just to feel better. Anyone have this problem? How do you stay motivated when you feel at your worse health wise. (Just a cold, but still)

Replies

• alisons7598
    alisons7598 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I'm feeling yucky too. I thought about just blowing off the day but I exercised instead. I realized that I felt better while I was doing it so I just kept going and ended up burning over 2000 calories!
  • 2bFitNTrim
    2bFitNTrim Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    Actually, maybe I'm unusual, but I find myself eating super healthy when I feel crappy b/c I want to get better as fast as possible. I tend to be a bit of a baby :sad: <---crying baby :laugh: , so anything I can do to get better I will do...and that includes eating well & getting plenty of rest.

Hope you feel better fast! :flowerforyou:
  • SmartFunGorgeous
    SmartFunGorgeous Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    One way to improve your health and stay on track would be to drink orange juice instead of drinking Coke, and eat sugar-free jello instead of sweets with calories. It's hard to beat bread when feeling down, but I think saltine crackers are a fantastic alternative. But, the best thing is to get plenty of rest and stick with your goals no matter what. =)
  • puggleperson
    puggleperson Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    Well, thats tough... it's not going to be easy staying away from junk food while sick but if you want different results from all the other times you got sick and went off the wagon then you WON'T :) Try eating substitutions of the bad foods your craving.. LIke diet coke instead of the real stuff, or baked chips, or weight watchers low calorie snacks,,, You can slice up a potato and bake it ..eat it with salt and pepper and spray butter mmmmm or a sweet potato or make mock mashed potatoes from cauli flower.... Have you met Hungry girl? Check out her recipes for the next time you are in this crunch....super low cal and really yummy... Good luck Stacy!

If you always do what you always did, you'll always get what you always got :)
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    I'm a terrible patient.

I want cheese toast with the whole wheat bread toasted JUST right, and the cheese (only English 5-county, please) melted just exactly right so that its gooey but not runny.

And a brownie. Or maybe two. With walnuts. No. . . pecans. Yes-- pecans. Cooked enough that they're not gooey (YUK!) but served still warm.

And I want tea. But not just any tea--some kind of tea that we don't have in the house right now and will require a special trip to the store.

And I want it all delivered to me in bed where I will be cozied up with WarnerBear-my ratty stuffed animal from high school who lives in the back of my closet EXCEPT for these important sick-day emergencies. And I will be wearing my fuzzy pajamas and I won't comb my hair all day.

Okay. I feel better.
  • 2bFitNTrim
    2bFitNTrim Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    I'm a terrible patient.

I want cheese toast with the whole wheat bread toasted JUST right, and the cheese (only English 5-county, please) melted just exactly right so that its gooey but not runny.

And a brownie. Or maybe two. With walnuts. No. . . pecans. Yes-- pecans. Cooked enough that they're not gooey (YUK!) but served still warm.

And I want tea. But not just any tea--some kind of tea that we don't have in the house right now and will require a special trip to the store.

And I want it all delivered to me in bed where I will be cozied up with WarnerBear-my ratty stuffed animal from high school who lives in the back of my closet EXCEPT for these important sick-day emergencies. And I will be wearing my fuzzy pajamas and I won't comb my hair all day.

Okay. I feel better.

:laugh:
  • stacy3333
    stacy3333 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    puggleperson LOVE your quote!

If you always do what you've always did, you'll always get what you always got

One I just heard was true motivation is running out of excuses. This definitely would fit for me today!!
  • Karennece
    Karennece Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am fighting a cold TOO! Went to the pharmacy to get halls and cold meds... I was frustrated because I didn't want to miss out on my workouts. When I opened my halls and unwrapped the first one I notice the wrappers had encouraging sayings. Like "get back in the game" and "keep up the fight". It's was a small thing but it was a good reminder that even when we don't feel good we need to make good choices and keep going. So I'm getting lots of rest and drinking my water. Be good to yourself!!
  • cathiethenandnow
    Options
    AMEN