This is me!! I Gotta start somewhere.

Options
dmoyler
dmoyler Posts: 27 Member
Hello, how is everyone doing? I am a ssbbw looking to lose weight so that I can be comfortable in my body and so that I can be able to participate in the many activities that my weight keeps me from. What has become an issue lately is that I want to travel on a airplane, but i am so SCARED of being told I have to purchase 2 seats, due to my size. Sometimes I go to sleep daydreaming about what it would be like to be thinner. Right now I am not quite sure how much i weight( wear size 24 - 26 jeans and 26/28 top)but I know it is too much. I am 29 years old with three children and at the rate I am going I won't be able to see my children grow and if that is not a wake up call for me then i don't know what is :-). I hate when i am walking(during an outing) with my in shape friends and family members and it seems like I am trying extra hard to keep up with them, i can remember times where i had to make excuses to stop (act like i am looking for something or reading a sign) just so I could catch my breath. My weight issue has been a problem for many years, but it is just so much easier to gain weight then lose it. On many occasions I have tried to lose the weight but just could not keep it up. :-( I am hoping that being apart of MFP will help keep me motivated. Some people may find this weird, but I want to always be thick female, so I don't want to over do my weight loss, but I want to be healthy and fit. My main areas that I want to work on is my stomach and my flabby arms. Right now my goal is to get down to 225lbs, once i get there then I will work towards my next goal(s).

I look forward to meeting many new friends and the many success stories....

Replies

• dmoyler
    Options
    OOPPS!!! Did not mean to post this in the success stories part.
  • heyitsmekatie
    heyitsmekatie Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    depends on how you look at it! I say joining the site and making this post is one of your first successes in reaching your goals! good luck to you!!
  • tigerlily2010
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. And I feel the same way. I look at pictures of people on this site who are 185 and think that is how I want to look! Luckily my boyfriend agrees with me. No skinny minis for him!
  • dmoyler
    Options
    @Katikangaroo I guess i could think of it that way :-) Thanks!
  • dmoyler
    Options
    Thanks 4 the welcome. At least I am not the only one that thinks this way..:-)
  • dmoyler
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. And I feel the same way. I look at pictures of people on this site who are 185 and think that is how I want to look! Luckily my boyfriend agrees with me. No skinny minis for him!

Thanks 4 the welcome. At least I am not the only one that thinks this way..:-)
  • mustangali
    Options
    Welcome! I am in the exact same boat. Age 29, size 26, 175 lbs to lose. If anything, it helps to know you're NOT alone in this journey! We can celebrate the small successes! Feel free to add me as a friend. The more the merrier! And best of luck in your journey!!
  • bassetthree
    bassetthree Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on the first step! Making a commitment to yourself to be healthy. You deserve it. I know you will get a lot of encouragement here and make lots of new friends who are on the same journey. Go for it!! You can do it!!
  • mistawalka
    mistawalka Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    OOPPS!!! Did not mean to post this in the success stories part.

Nope - positve thinking - I like it - you've already acheived one of those 'NSV' (non-scale victories) by signing up at MFP and posting here for support - good luck on your Journey :)
  • emma44ny
    emma44ny Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    You sound like you are ready!!! This site is great if you really utilize all it has to offer. I'm totally addicted to it! :) good luck!
  • Holton
    Holton Posts: 1,018
    Options
    You do have to start somewhere and I think MFP is a great place to start! WELCOME and good luck to you on your journey. I encourage you to eat fresh vegetables and fruit and to take as many short walks as you can endure every day until you find that walking is a breeze! Baby steps are what it takes to make weight loss happen. You/we did not gain our weight overnight, so why should we expect to lose it that quickly (though I do agree it certainly sees to add on faster than it takes off!). You can do this, one day at a time.
  • MobiusMan
    MobiusMan Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Darlin' this is a big boat and we're all in it. Welcome aboard. Starting to day forget the word diet and call it your change of lifestyle or whatever you want because that's what folks like us need not a quick diet but a change in how we think, act and react. You'll do fine as long as you want to. Good luck and never shy away from questions. We are all willing to help as best we can.
  • BigBootyMimi
    BigBootyMimi Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! Let me tell you, regardless of your size, the key to weight loss is consistency. Although I've only been here for about a week, since I joined MFP I have been exercising every day and counting my calories....find a couple "groups" to join here on the message boards where you have to check in everyday...knowing there are other people with the same goals as you (for me it's a group where we are all doing the same exercise DVD every day for a month) that you have to report back to every day-that is what keeps me going! Good luck -you CAN do it!
  • dmoyler
    Options
    Welcome! I am in the exact same boat. Age 29, size 26, 175 lbs to lose. If anything, it helps to know you're NOT alone in this journey! We can celebrate the small successes! Feel free to add me as a friend. The more the merrier! And best of luck in your journey!!

Yes! it does help to know that I am not alone. THANKS! We can do this:-)
  • ariesldsgal
    ariesldsgal Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    You're at the right place to get some great encouragement and use some of the awesome tools here. Welcome!
  • dmoyler
    Options
    You do have to start somewhere and I think MFP is a great place to start! WELCOME and good luck to you on your journey. I encourage you to eat fresh vegetables and fruit and to take as many short walks as you can endure every day until you find that walking is a breeze! Baby steps are what it takes to make weight loss happen. You/we did not gain our weight overnight, so why should we expect to lose it that quickly (though I do agree it certainly sees to add on faster than it takes off!). You can do this, one day at a time.

Thank you so much. I have always liked fruit and veggies, but now I am trying to eat them in the place of junk and eat them without adding all the extras( butter, seasoning etc.) I will try to walk as much as possible because I know once I get out and do walk I feel so good. It just makes me happy to know i did at least something to help me reach my goal of losing weight. Once again thanks, and I will take it one day at a time. :-)
  • dmoyler
    Options
    Thank you so much to everyone. You are all so welcoming :-)) I am so excited to do this. I was reading some of the success stories and I can't wait until i am able to start posting my before and after pics..lol
  • judithlang
    Options
    Welcome - this is a fantastic place to learn how to be healthier and get great support from others
    We all started at some point and that is is huge step :flowerforyou: Just take one day at a time and
    feel free to add me as a friend !
  • simplyxaddicted
    simplyxaddicted Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    YOu can do it :)
  • yomairaA
    yomairaA Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Good Luck on ur journey... With some diet changes and exerciseyou will get to ur goal just take it one day at a time and congrats on deciding to do something about ur weight. I know what its like I was at 283 a year ago and Im now down to 245 and more determained to make it to 200 by end of summer..Good luck add me if you'd like
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!