NSV Vintage Dress w/ pic

Options
sphkhn
sphkhn Posts: 456 Member
So I love vintage clothes but I almost always have a hard time fitting into most things as it was made for a much smaller generation. Yesterday I wandered into this vintage shop that was having an amazing sale on so many things. I grabbed a bunch to try on and not only did 8 out of the 10 things I grabbed fit but 6 of them were too big on me! So I walked out with two dresses for $40 which is such a score. I just love how flattering it is and how it shows off my new and improved waistline. This pink heavy silk one and another black chiffon one.

Photoon2014-09-07at1958.jpg

Replies

• PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    Congrats and you look lovely. :smile:
  • girlviernes
    girlviernes Posts: 2,402 Member
    Options
    Totally adorable. Congratulations!!
  • bonkers1224
    bonkers1224 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    L:heart: VE VINTAGE! YOU LOOK LOVELY
  • Dwamma
    Dwamma Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I love the dress! You look amazing! Congrats!!!!
  • mandyosetti
    mandyosetti Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I love that dress! You look great!!
  • ge105
    ge105 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Looks great!
  • mrogers52
    mrogers52 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Beautiful!
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,624 Member
    Options
    I LOVE those buttons, although you could even get away with tailoring the sleeves here too :) I love vintage as well, but around here the one vintage store that tends to sell more actual vintage (and not just used like Goodwill) is like.. 70s-ish lol. I'm more of a 20s-40s gal myself.
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    Awesome job & love the color of the dress. Is your shoes vintage too?
  • Kate7294
    Kate7294 Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! I know vintage things tend to run so small. Also what a score for $40.00 !
  • rosebette
    rosebette Posts: 1,659 Member
    Options
    Adorable dress. I love vintage, too. I have a light green number I call my "Mad Men" dress. I love how fitted it is in the waist.
  • ArgyleWerewolf
    ArgyleWerewolf Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Fabulous!
  • ereck44
    ereck44 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You look great in that dress. Love those buttons! Would look great with a belt, flattering your new waistline,:flowerforyou:
  • sphkhn
    sphkhn Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! The shoes are not vintage but they work well.

I agree the sleeves are a little big I was thinking about taking them in. 20s and 30s are my favorite to look at as well but I really only wear 50s and 60s because it is a little less delicate and fits me better. Etsy is a good place to look if you don't have real stores but it can get really pricy.
    I LOVE those buttons, although you could even get away with tailoring the sleeves here too :) I love vintage as well, but around here the one vintage store that tends to sell more actual vintage (and not just used like Goodwill) is like.. 70s-ish lol. I'm more of a 20s-40s gal myself.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! I also love your style.

While I mostly go for FAUX vintage (due to budgetary restraints and size/fit issues) I proudly wore a very very old Fred Perry jacket yesterday, men's size medium...totally love being able to occasionally find vintage stuff that works, that was one of those little benefits that I didn't even anticipate when I started out on MFP.
  • CoachJen71
    CoachJen71 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Adorable!
  • LinDiSm26262
    LinDiSm26262 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Cute, cute, cute!
  • Heirgreat
    Heirgreat Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    You look beautiful
  • NoMoreBlameGame
    NoMoreBlameGame Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Classy and beautiful! ...reminds me of Jackie. :') :flowerforyou:
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,624 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! The shoes are not vintage but they work well.

I agree the sleeves are a little big I was thinking about taking them in. 20s and 30s are my favorite to look at as well but I really only wear 50s and 60s because it is a little less delicate and fits me better. Etsy is a good place to look if you don't have real stores but it can get really pricy.
    Maybe once I'm at goal size I'll be willing to buy pricier online, but for now definitely not! I'd probably also end up doing faux-vintage (or vintage-inspired) though as someone else posted because... well I don't have that much money as a student! I do like how 60s clothes look more than 50s... I just really love 20s-40s. Especially 30s actually.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!