I ran a half-marathon today!

Options
My first race ever!

Time was not too great, but it was a hot, humid day. Then it even started raining - the water evaporated within minutes, and the road race became a sauna. But, I made it to the finish line.

After all, a half marathon is not that much. I want to do it again next year!

Until early spring, however, my plan is: cut back on running, focus on lifting/bodyweight. Keep my diet very clean. (The extra calories from long runs did not always get spent for "good" food... :blushing: ) Once BBQ season is over, it will get easier, too!
At the same time, I want to do tabata/HIIT for my cardiovascular fitness. My heart is the bottleneck in my running.

Replies

• jackiemonx
    jackiemonx Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    good on u! :-)
  • stackhsc
    stackhsc Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    awesome :)
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options
    Congrats on achieving that major milestone!

I have to admit, when you say BBQ season, I think of competitive BBQ, of which the season is winding down. If you meant that, I sympathize!
  • sengalissa
    sengalissa Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Congrats on achieving that major milestone!

I have to admit, when you say BBQ season, I think of competitive BBQ, of which the season is winding down. If you meant that, I sympathize!
    Competetive BBQ? No, we're are simply invited to potlucks and BBQs ALL THE TIME. Like, 2x a week. Which means I have to save some calories for the evening, and that is so hard.
  • Isakizza
    Isakizza Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    This is awesome, great job!!! :drinker:
  • G__Force
    G__Force Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Very cool!!:smile:
  • angela233Z
    angela233Z Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    great job!
  • RedArizona5
    RedArizona5 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Cheers….:) You will get faster for 5ks this way too-think of it that way
  • trm68
    trm68 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    great job, congrats...
  • texasfarmer
    texasfarmer Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, what a great accomplishment. I will be running my first half in two weeks. I hope like you, I finish!
  • billr9mm
    billr9mm Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Great job!!
  • Ftw37
    Ftw37 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    "Not that much?"

You fricking *rock* for doing a half marathon! Kudos!!!!!
  • "Not too great", "Not that much"... WHAT? Don't downplay your achievements! That's awesome, congratulations! You're amazing! I love summer barbecues, enjoy them while they last! Keep running, lifting, and enjoying life :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!