Fat legs success

Options
Rhozelyn
Rhozelyn Posts: 201 Member
I have VERY fat legs and I am pear shaped. Has anybody successfully slimmed and toned down their legs? Please post your pics and say what you did to improve your legs.

Replies

• Jenky85
    Jenky85 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    In for any pics as I am bottom heavy too.
  • xsmilexforxmex
    xsmilexforxmex Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    If you can see my pics in my profile... I am hourglass to pear shaped.. (probably pear shaped I just don't want to admit it to myself bc that's the one area i feel uncomfortable with). They are from when I was about 145-150lbs, I'm sitting at 160 right now and gained a few inches on each leg and hips... You can't spot tone and with more fat in the legs, muscle will probably make them bigger at one point BUT in my case, probably never as slim as I would like but when I start seeing that muscle come through I will be happy!
  • starznholes
    starznholes Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I think it's different for all of us but spinning totally helped tone my legs without making them look "bulky".
  • Rhozelyn
    Rhozelyn Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Still on the lookout...
  • ksy1969
    ksy1969 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    The same way anyone does it. It doesn't matter if it is in your belly, butt, hips, legs, or arms. You eat at a deficit and lose weight. Exercise helps maintain muscle and tone certain areas but it will not get rid of the fat on its own. It is proven scientifically that you cannot spot reduce with an exercise.
  • jfeakins
    jfeakins Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, there is no way to spot reduce. After accepting a job with a celebrity chef and gaining 7 lbs, I ended up hiring a personal trainer to help get me on track. I lost the 7 lbs (although I continue to fluctuate) but I'm never happy with my legs. Sidenote-- I'm only 5'3", so they're never going to be long/lean super-model legs!! ;)

I've spoken to my personal trainer about this several times and her answer is always the same: "Jess, that's just where you hold your weight. We can tone them, but the fat on your legs will always be the last to leave." The problem is- I don't really want to lose too much weight anywhere else, and I'm scared that if I want my legs to lean out I'm going to have to say buh-bye to the curves. And by curves I mean boobs.

Having said all that- spin class is a great way to burn A LOT of calories AND tone your legs at the same time without adding bulk. Look for classes that do high-intensity intervals- switching between sprints and climbs. I've been spinning for about 6 years now, and it's no longer that challenging for me. I've decided to switch it up recently and have begun running. Running is much harder for me, so I find myself burning more calories.

Otherwise- check out all these hot hollywood pear-shaped babes. If they can rock that shape, so can we! :)

It's a tough life... what can I say.
  • catlikereflexes
    Options
    Echoing the other comments here...
    I read a weight loss story once that basically stated that your body is always going to be your body, just a smaller or larger version of it.

I have large, muscular legs at 120 pounds and at 160 pounds and at 180 pounds. The proportions remain the same, the size changes. I usually dress to make the illusion of smaller, skinnier legs. Here's a good article on how: http://www.stylelist.com/view/tips-for-dressing-to-make-your-legs-look-longer-and-leaner/#!fullscreen&slide=12961
  • squirrelzzrule22
    squirrelzzrule22 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    I read a weight loss story once that basically stated that your body is always going to be your body, just a smaller or larger version of it.

I have large, muscular legs at 120 pounds and at 160 pounds and at 180 pounds. The proportions remain the same, the size changes. I usually dress to make the illusion of smaller, skinnier legs. Here's a good article on how: http://www.stylelist.com/view/tips-for-dressing-to-make-your-legs-look-longer-and-leaner/#!fullscreen&slide=12961

This is so true! I was recently looking at a photo of myself as a little girl in a ballerina outfit....I'm a tall skinny twig but my legs are the EXACT same shape they are now....clinging to fat on the thighs and just next to my knees. Our shape is definitely our shape! OP work out, eat right, slim down, and try to embrace it. It will always be your shape proportionally but it can grow or shrink with your weight and BF%.
  • jfeakins
    jfeakins Posts: 30 Member
    Options

Exactly! Having said that, the more toned your legs are, the leaner they look- even if they are the same size. I've also noticed this with my arms. They are always 11-11.5" circumference- but when I tone them, they look much "thinner" because the shape is better.
  • vearla0769
    Options
    I look like I have 2 tree stumps ! And a skinny girl from waist up. Considering surgery. But want to lose these fat knees normally I need help any suggestions??
  • madrose0715
    madrose0715 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    here you go...Please note, there is less than a 5 pound difference between these two pics. My results were garnered through body recomposition. Very slight deficit, heavy lifting 3x/week and cardio 4-5x/week.

t7vfdzx9rzar.jpg

2r39hmzyvkqf.jpg

• fitfat1975
    fitfat1975 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    You look awesome madrose0715!
  • Kymmu
    Kymmu Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    W00T Madrose- you must been thrilled !!
  • heather0709
    heather0709 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I always had big legs even at 112 im now 145 wanting to lose another 25-30 pounds my legs are driving me crazy
  • Wendysuzannewalker
    Wendysuzannewalker Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Great work! It really helps to lift!
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I think my thighs went from 26 inches to 23 inches. They are still big but three inches on each leg on a 5'4" woman is a difference. I guess you can't see a huge huge difference here but I think the overall appearance is more pleasing.

I lifted heavy in a deficit. Now I'm doing the same in maintenance, crossing my fingers and working hard for recomp results.

lupya4lk0i86.jpg

2wkguw4nzwsf.jpg

• efrensgirl2015
    efrensgirl2015 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Wow! you look great!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!