I want a cookie!!!

Options

Replies

• jawallner
    Options
    grab yourself a handful of healthy nuts such as walnuts, pecans, and maybe a few (like a tablespoon) of raisins something sweet
  • noor_v
    noor_v Posts: 133 Member
    Options

Doing a quick calculation on IIFYM using your stats, looks like you are eating under your BMR. Perhaps this is part of why you have this cycle? Just some food for thought (no calories needed!). :tongue:

What is IIFYM??? and BMR???

Also, I will really appreciate any pointers and advice in how to go about my goal....
  • Showcase_Brodown
    Showcase_Brodown Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    According to your diary you still have 575 calories available. That's gotta be a big cookie if it doesn't fit your diary :laugh:
    Well... I'm craving a jumbo cookie... that's atleast 350+ calories.... and then I also need to eat something for dinner.... :blushing: :blushing:

Don't we all want a jumbo cookie...?

If you've given yourself a big enough deficit, the cookie won't destroy your progress. Depends how much room you have to play.

However, I tend to not just agree with everyone saying to eat the cookie if you want it. Personally, I want a cookie all the time, every day. I want pizza all the time, every day. Just be careful how often you give in to these cravings.

I would bet that if you ate something more substantial (read as something with a lot of protein) now, you'd want a cookie a lot less.
  • noor_v
    noor_v Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I read somewhere that your uncomfortableness with not having that cookie is just your body healing. Let yourself be uncomfortable once in awhile. It isn't that you CAN'T have the cookie, you are just CHOOSING not to at this time. Maybe tomorrow you'll have the cookie....not today :)

That's right... not today ;)
    :happy:
  • brownbeauty2013
    brownbeauty2013 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Eat the cookie and carry on! One cookie won't kill you, you just need to ensure you practice moderation. I enjoy what I want rather it be pizza, cookies, a burger but in moderation and not all the time! Its okay to have what you like! Live alittle....
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    Eat a cookie
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    I read somewhere that your uncomfortableness with not having that cookie is just your body healing. Let yourself be uncomfortable once in awhile. It isn't that you CAN'T have the cookie, you are just CHOOSING not to at this time. Maybe tomorrow you'll have the cookie....not today :)

really? So when I am craving milk I shouldn't drink it...my body healing gotcha...:laugh: :noway: :laugh:
    As for the cookie please. Eat the cookie...well maybe not the whole cookie cut it into quarters.
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    grab yourself a handful of healthy nuts such as walnuts, pecans, and maybe a few (like a tablespoon) of raisins something sweet

I agree with this person. When I'm trying to combat a craving for sweets, I have a tbsp or 2 of sunflower seeds mixed with almonds and pumpkin seeds. It works because sometimes that cookie isn't enough and you splurge. Also looked at your diary--log your water intake and make sure it's enough. I'd suggest more fruit to help with sweet cravings. However a cookie now and again is not taboo--just better when you can fit it into your calories.
  • qmcdeva
    qmcdeva Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Eat the cookie. Cheating this one time is not going to hurt. Do not deprive yourself or you will over due it.
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    I'd eat one then. Then go for a walk. Or not.
  • sunship
    sunship Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    i'd drink a bunch of water and call someone on the phone you like talking to.

350 cals is a lot -- and a lot to burn.
  • SGM_Adonis
    SGM_Adonis Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options
    When I'm craving, I prelog the entire day. I calculate my daily average calorie burn for a workout. Usually by the time I do this, the craving has subsided; however, if still craving, I'll treat myself to that and then try to rearrange the "damage" by cutting a different food item that I prelogged. Either that, or I workout out a few extra minutes and cut down on portion size for later.

Either way, I'd eat and indulge rather than suffer only to falter the following day.
  • auntiebabs
    auntiebabs Posts: 1,754 Member
    Options
    ... and I don't have the calories to have it :(

For some reason, I am just feeling extra hungry today... I had a huge lunch and I'm still hungry and it's not even 2pm in the afternoon and I have less than 600 left for the rest of the day... I am planning on doing some cardio this evening, but that will only burn about 200-250 calories.

Looking for some support and motivation here!! Please help......

If you are hungry, eat something nutritious.... Cookie are not for hungry they are for yummy, they feed the soul (that does need to be feed, too)

Because I'm not good at hitting an exact number everyday, when I got to maintenance I started keeping a 10-avg of my calorie overs and unders. It really made me stress less... If i was over on a day I go back and look how many days before that I was under, it was reassuring to see that I usually had more than enough unders to cover my splurge.
  • aarondnguyen
    aarondnguyen Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Calories can carry over. If you want it that bad, eat it.

Then you can eat less carbs the next day to compensate--although I've done this before and ate a few days worth of carbs in advance. Soon I was in a "carb debt". Wasn't the best idea I ever had.

But you get the point lol.
  • mrsjatodd
    mrsjatodd Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Sweets are my biggest challenge, so I empathize with you! Last night I had carrot cake (a 540-calorie slice)
    :-/ But, I didn't go over my calorie allowance and I exercised. So, pick and choose wisely...It's a slippery slope but it takes self control. It's up to you to decide if you can handle the responsibility of not going overboard. A treat once in a while doesn't hurt; especially if your food choices are overwhelmingly healthy.
  • emleeclaire
    emleeclaire Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Sooo... I'm going to be controversial and say "don't eat the cookie!!!"...

First: Add your dinner calories to MFP.
    Next: Add the damned cookie.
    Then: Look at MFP for a bit and feel annoyed.

That way, YOU decide how you will feel about it, before the fact - rather than after.
    It's not a problem, if it's not a surprise. Sort of.

:noway:
  • emleeclaire
    emleeclaire Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    When I'm craving, I prelog the entire day. I calculate my daily average calorie burn for a workout. Usually by the time I do this, the craving has subsided; however, if still craving, I'll treat myself to that and then try to rearrange the "damage" by cutting a different food item that I prelogged. Either that, or I workout out a few extra minutes and cut down on portion size for later.

Either way, I'd eat and indulge rather than suffer only to falter the following day.

Sooo... Yeah... Basically this...
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Eat a cookie, log it and move on.
  • angela233Z
    angela233Z Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I haven't read all the responses but I personally cannot do what many of them that say "eat a cookie"

For me, I can't eat just one cookie or Lay's or whatever. It is much easier not to start. What I do is tell myself, "if I have the cookies today, I will not lose weight and this will be an on-going issue. If I can resist the cookies for a few days, I will retrain my body and eventually I will be able to have a few cookies without going overboard."

This has been working for me - good luck
  • SeattleRaven
    Options
    have some delicious fruit instead...mmm, summer berries...