Kindergartners notice belly fat...

Options
I teach elementary school. And those kindergartners are eye level with my belly button, and *ahem* belly fat. Once a month, a cute pair of hands reaches out for what seems like an adorable hug- and ends with their hands on my midsection asking "Is there a baby in there?" No little precious curious child...I'm just chubby.

It's Time to firm it up a bit, learn to eat really healthy superfoody foods, find more group sports- and just get healthy!

Replies

• meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    LMAO I like you!
  • elvb
    elvb Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Awww!!! I had my 5 yr old son tell me "Mommy, you don't look pregnant anymore!" He was complimenting me it seems. lol
  • eglass64
    eglass64 Posts: 180
    Options
    Kids can be brutally honest, but you gotta Love em.
  • lruff1987
    lruff1987 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Hahahaha! That was probably one of the funniest things I've read in the past few days! Heheeee. Don'tcha just LOOOOVE kids?? haha. (still laughing)
  • kappyblu
    kappyblu Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    How cute. Kids are so sweet. If my kids didn't know better, they'd probably think I was carrying twins. lol
  • MobiusMan
    MobiusMan Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Reality bites sometimes but certainly wakes us up. thanks for the honesty.
  • CarolHudson11
    Options
    Bahahahahaha! That was the funniest thing I've read lately! And it's a fact that children will tell you the honest, brutal truth - regardless! :flowerforyou:
  • anolan807
    anolan807 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I am a kindergarten teacher too. So I understand completely. The worst is when my almost 2 year old son grabbed my stomach and said yuck mommy..
  • c_woody
    Options
    if it makes you feel any better my son, a first grader about every few weeks or so tells me that I have a fat butt or asks when I'm going to have my stomach fixed. I have a lot of strech marks and skin since I was only 120lbs before my first pregnancy and gained 50 with both. So I always reply to him I'll get it fixed when he and his brother pitch in since it's their fault my stomach looks like that.
  • That_Girl
    That_Girl Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    HA! 5th graders notice too. EVERYTHING. I've taught it for years and have had a talk on "manners" every time.
  • Harshberger24
    Options
    Ha Ha.. I was subbing one time for an elementary school classroom. I noticed there was one boy that I knew from years ago where I used to be friends with his mom. He walked into the classroom that morning and said "wow.. you sure got big" I was so embarrased!
  • Chrissun
    Chrissun Posts: 148
    Options
    =-) Kids! When I was coaching I had a 7 or 8 yo start touching/kneading my stomach...what do you say? I said, "Yeah, it feels funny huh?".

Before you know it you'll be getting positive comments from the parents, the kids probably won't notice.
  • helenamonks
    Options
    I had a 3 year old tell me once, "you have a lot of bobos on your face, little itty bitty ones" of course I was probably broke out at my absolute worst.
  • improvstitute
    Options
    My 1st grade son pointed to the cartoon fat guy on a banner ad on the MFP site and said "that one looks like you dad." Sadly (and for now) he is right. No offense taken, :-)
  • MsKMoriarty
    Options
    To All...

Thanks for making me not feel like the only judged chubby teacher :) I teach drama, so luckily I'm moving around a lot during my day. And thankfully they notice other things too- like when I do my makeup, or blow dry my hair, or shower.... They notice everything. I have one Kindy that smells me when he sees me because "You always smell like soap!" Maybe I should just tell the belly fat noticing munchkins to smell my belly instead?
  • LoserCruiser
    Options
    Kids can sometimes be TOO honest, lol, but are so innocent! My son (also in kindergarten) saw a large man at the pool the other day and said "mom look, he's got boobs!" He was so innocent and was really just shocked that a man had "boobs"! I was like, shhh......and he says "but mom he really does"! Not getting it at all, lol. Finally I said "sweetheart we don't want to hurt anyones feelings and saying that might hurt his!"
  • mjd0109
    mjd0109 Posts: 152
    Options
    Once my baby brother (he was probably 2) loudly announced the entrance of a large man to the waiting room with " LOOK MOMMY! its a FAAAAAT MAN!" Yeah...the only thing as bad as being told you're fat by a child is being the person responsible for that child!