Help with calories

Options
Just a question my calorie goal on this website they have calculated for me is 2050 this seems like so much food. My personal trainer wants me on a 1200 calorie diet this seems so little. I am 40 yrs old I am 5"6 and weigh 280 what do I do?

Thank You Tammy

Replies

• French140
    French140 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Wow. MFP said 2050? That seems like a bit much. That may be the amount you need to consume in order to maintain your current weight. I know it gives men a larger amount of calories. My friend is on here and it gave him a little over 2000 calories at 2lbs per week. It only allowed me 1253 calories per day to lose 2lbs per week and I started at 238. You can customize it yourself. But 1200 calories per day is safe. Most nutritionist will tell you eating fewer than 1200 is not healthy. 1200 doesn't seem like a lot because of the type of food we eat. We can eat that up in one meal. But once you start to change your diet, your 1200 calories will go a long way.
  • UcallMeJay
    Options
    If you are working with a licensed personal trainer I would go with what he/she says and change the MFP app to 1200 goal.
    You trainer probably set you goal at 1200 so you can see results fast. But when in doubt, ask questions, you trainer should be able to address your concerns. Good luck with your Goals!!!