Help! I'm not losing weight.

Options
Hi!

I started tracking my calories a few months ago when I was 140 lbs (I am a 21-year-old female, 5foot7.) At first I was way too high, eating about 1800/day. Almost 2 months ago I dropped down to 1600/day. I definitely saw results from that. I got to 136 lbs. My goal is 130.

Now almost a month has gone by and the scale hasn't moved. I'm annoyed. I live in the city so I walk a ton every day, plus I jog 3 miles 3x/week.

What am I doing wrong? Feel free to take a look at my diary. Help help help!

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    You only have six pounds left to lose, which means it could take some time with such a small deficit. Do you weigh/measure everything? If not, I would purchase a food scale to weigh out your portions so you know exactly what you're eating.
  • vslattery
    Options
    I'm having the same trouble, I've been going to the gym for 3 weeks 3 times a week with no shift in my weight!!!!
  • ghartleroad1
    ghartleroad1 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Have you consulted with a dietician? Although I am older, we are the same height with a very similar goal weight. I had a similar problem in I was running and thought I'd improved my diet, but I learned how wrong I was! The dietician really educated me and through specific tests deemed my daily calorie intake needed to be 1250 - & that I needed to eat more on days I worked out so I would net 1250 no matter what. I had not only been eating the wrong things, but I'd also not been eating enough. Such a surprise! Just some thoughts.
  • DrJenO
    DrJenO Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    At 67 inches and 136 pounds, your BMI is 21.3. Your body is going to be very reluctant to give up those last few pounds. 1/2 pound per week is probably an appropriate rate of loss.

Do you lift weights at all? You might look into it, or at least body weight training (google "you are your own gym"). Sometimes what you think you need is to get to a certain goal weight, but what you really need is recomp.
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    You may be at a good weight for your body. I'm 5'5.5" and now 134, looking to lose a few more but mainly know I need to tone.

If you DO have fat left to lose, you have a very slim margin of error. Meaning a small deficit - only 250 per day perhaps. At our body size; we don't burn a lot with cardio so you must be accurate in your food. Weigh all solid food, cups or spoons for liquids. Log everything as accurately as possible. And work on strength training.