Support and motivation needed!

Options
So my boyfriend eats like a horse and never puts on a pound, he has never even been close to being overweight in his life!

My friends are all skinny-minis too and seem to eat whatever they like and still look gorrrrgeous :(

I, on the otherhand, have always struggled with my weight and only need to look at a slice of chocolate cake to put on three pounds! However, I am really trying hard this year to get fit and healthy. Have lost 7pounds in the last 2 weeks already but have a very long road ahead....

Just need some people who are the same shoes and who I can talk to about diet and excercise-related achievements and woes! Last week was hard going and think it would have been easier if I had some positive friends who could help keep me on the right path :):)

Replies

• alexj8403
    Options
    I'd love to try and help! :)
  • majikal6
    Options
    Welcome!!

Feel free to add me as friend for support and/or motivation.

:flowerforyou:
  • kermode
    kermode Posts: 18
    Options
    Just remember that this doesn't mean healthy. Even the "thinnest" of people suffer from heart disease and other ailments if they are not eating properly and getting exercise. You'll get there...just keep at it.
  • Beauty_From_Within
    Options
    Add me i can try and help =)
  • briandeveault
    Options
    I just posted a blog that might help, has a lot of simple easy steps you can do without interrupting your life. If you need more help just add me.
  • maikikuchi
    Options
    My boyfriend eats like a horse too, except he keeps losing weight ! I am so jealous of his metabolism haha
    I hope we can achieve our goals and stay motivated ! :)
  • bhelmreich
    bhelmreich Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    i gained 20lbs from my last relationship because he was like that! We just get caught up in going out and thinking that if he can I can. do what you have to do and he should understand :)
  • catmisha
    Options
    Sweetie, you are not alone. My husband skips one or two meals and will loose 10 lbs. Once you are overweight, your metabolism slows down. It will be hard but the key is to do it. Everything works as long as you dont quit. My main issue is having time to workout. I have decided to do whatever it takes. It is hard for me to find 30 min or and hour to do anything. What I am doing is braking the time in whatever I can get and at the end of the day I usually have about an hour. I walk up and down the hall ways at work. Or take my brake and walk outside the building for 15 min. I have 30 min for lunch, so I pack a lunch from home and once finish I walk the rest of the time. I do squats in the morning while brushing my teeth. Anything works, just move. Just bought a recumbent stationary bike for the too cold or too hot days. I have it in my room so I can watch TV. Eat Healthy and take a multivitamin and extra calcium and vitamin D. It helps with the weight loss. Good luck!! You are not alone.
  • emmerrs
    emmerrs Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Ah, my boyfriend is the same way!! He ate TWO big macs for lunch earlier this week. I may not be huge on McDonalds, but I was still soooo jealous.

I'm still trucking though, like someone already said being skinny doesn't make you healthy, and healthy is what I'm personally aiming for. That and looking super hot. :P

Best of luck to you!!! MFP is an awesome AWESOME resource for good information and support :)
  • skinnyheat
    Options
    Would love to chat and support anytime! I don't have a boyfriend that eats whatever, but my little sister lives with me and is a size 4! She can eat whatever she wants and it drives me insane!! I've always been a hefty girl, and even when I've lost weight I had to work night and day to keep it off....which I couldn't seem to do for more than a year. I'm trying to say I understand where your coming from and would love to help in any way possible.
  • tacmedic2209
    Options
    First you need to realize that you need to be happy. Being depressed about yourself will only make it harder. Maybe some of your friends should join to gain weight. Ha ha. You already lost weight. GOOD JOB!! Don't compare yourself to others. I know it's hard but remember people like you for who you are. If they don't then they are not worth your time. Now that you are on the road to getting healthier you will loos the weight you want. Day by day. Don't look further then that. Know you your happy with you everyday and do your best. You have lots of people here that will help you. You will reach your goal. Tell yourself that everyday. Hope it helps a little. Add me as a friend if you like. And most important, do this for you and nobody else. I would say good luck but you won't need it. :happy:
  • xxKeiraxx
    Options
    Thank you everyone :smile:

I already feel like this is going to be a great support, so glad I decided to join!