Ladies only please!

Options
So ladies, does anyone else have the problem during our monthly cycle of staying on track. I've been working hard and lost about 5 lbs in about 3-4 weeks. Now that I'm about to start I weighed myself and I've all of a sudden gained the 5lbs back in about a day. I haven't changed the eating habits nothing, no cravings yet nothing. I'm hoping this is just the bloating/water weight and will go away once I end my cycle. Anyone have this problem or am I just a lost cause?

Replies

• I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    Yes, it's just water weight. You would have had to consume around 17,500 calories more than you burn to gain 5lbs.
  • ThePhoenixIsRising
    Options
    Use the search function and you'll find thousands of these threads! Yes water weight is common, no it's not permanent, no you can't gain fat just because you think about chocolate.
  • Timelordlady85
    Timelordlady85 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    I try not to weigh myself before or during my period. but most likely its water, to gain 5 pounds overnight doesn't seem logical. you would have to consume so many surplus calories to equal one pound is 3500 cals. so I wouldn't stress over it.
  • alisidewinder06
    alisidewinder06 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Use the search function and you'll find thousands of these threads! Yes water weight is common, no it's not permanent, no you can't gain fat just because you think about chocolate.

If I gained weight by just thinking about chocolate I would need to be in a motorized scooter and lifted with a crane. Lol. I tried searching for articles just like this on here but I think my computer is having some issues because I only found 2. I'm glad to hear that I don't need to restart just because of this. Yes I'm pretty newbie to this. I know I will get cravings any helpful tips on substituting chips for something heathier?
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    It's water and you're going to get it every month. Ignore the scale and keep doing what you're doing.
  • ThePhoenixIsRising
    Options

If I gained weight by just thinking about chocolate I would need to be in a motorized scooter and lifted with a crane. Lol. I tried searching for articles just like this on here but I think my computer is having some issues because I only found 2. I'm glad to hear that I don't need to restart just because of this. Yes I'm pretty newbie to this. I know I will get cravings any helpful tips on substituting chips for something heathier?
    Many women crave iron in their period. This is why salty chips and things seem Sooo good. As long as there are no medical issues You can add extra salt to your food or drink a broth tea. If you do these things make sure you up your water to balance and flush out the excess sodium you are consuming.
  • alisidewinder06
    alisidewinder06 Posts: 14 Member
    Options

Many women crave iron in their period. This is why salty chips and things seem Sooo good. As long as there are no medical issues You can add extra salt to your food or drink a broth tea. If you do these things make sure you up your water to balance and flush out the excess sodium you are consuming.

that broth tea sounds good, anybody have any recipes for something like that?
  • Caleigh_Michele
    Options
    That's just water weight! But, don't be too focused on the numbers! Sometimes you have to put away the scale and look at yourself in the mirror. If you're not comfortable with yourself work harder and be positive. If you are comfortable with the way you feel and look then keep doing what you're doing, but don't worry too much on the numbers. :) numbers are just numbers.
  • swbuckley
    Options
    It is a pain!!! I do slimming world as well as mfp, so get weighed every week, so always find I'm either staying the same or up a bit that week! And the leader of the class is a man so feel like I can't mention it, lol! But the next week I'd usually be done a bit extra, so it all levels out!
    I drink a lot of water around that time of the month too, as it stops fluid retention a bit, so you could try that too if it helped?
  • ThePhoenixIsRising
    Options

that broth tea sounds good, anybody have any recipes for something like that?
    Any meat you cook with a bone in it
    Strip meat off bone (I keep some fat to add depth of flavor)
    Cover with water
    Season (I like salt cayenne and a bit of nutmeg but have fun)
    Boil till water becomes broth
    Cool
    Remove bone and skim fat if it bothers you
    Drink as is or dilute with water if you want.
  • HeyMae75
    HeyMae75 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Salted cucumber slices instead of chips