Facing probllem in losing weight

Options
I'm a college going 18 yr boy...I workout for 6 days a week..I'm pure Vegetarian...I dont even eat eggs..I weight 72 kg(158 pounds) and my goal weight is 60 kgs(132 pounds). I'm am writting my meal plan,Please tell me where I'm going wrong in my diet...

meal-1-one bowl of quaker oats with 2 tbps of flax seeds and 1 oz of almonds with one cup low fat milk
meal-2-2 slices of brown bread with 2 tbps of peanut butter and 1 cup of kidney beans boiled
meal-3-one cup of chickpea boiled
preworkout-2 medium banana with one glass of dark coffee
post workout-1 scoop of ON Gold Standard 100% whey with low fat milk
meal-4-one bowl vegges(includes capsicum,cabbage,carrot,beans,black pepper and 1 tbps of olive oil)
before bed-one glass of low fat milk with 5 cubes of cottage cheese.
My workout lasts for 45 mins and is intense...Please help me....:smile:

Replies

• yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    60 kg goal - how tall are you ? If taller than 1.67m that's a fairly low goal.

How many calories a day does that plan add up to ?

How many grams a day of protein ?
  • ashishbhatt10
    Options
    Height-5 foot 7 inch.protein required-78 gram.calories required-1402
  • keefmac
    keefmac Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9", I would say 72kg is a very healthy weight for your height and 60kg is far to thin!.
  • ashishbhatt10
    Options
    But my bodyfat% is 20 %.weighting 72 kg
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    I am a 5'5" woman, and 132lbs is a healthy weight for me!

You don't say what your workout is, but I would think you need to focus more on building muscle, not losing weight. This would also improve your body fat %.

And 20% body fat isn't bad! Nothing wrong with trying to improve it, but as low as your weight already is, I bet the problem is that you don't have enough muscle, rather than too much fat. Just my amateur opinion - good luck!
  • ashishbhatt10
    Options
    But is my diet good or I need to impure it...As said earlier, Im am pure vegetarian...
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,397 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Can you open your food diary? I would think your protein is probably a bit light. Also, what type of exercise program are you actually doing and what is your real goal? Lean body?
  • ashishbhatt10
    Options
    Yes..I want to get a ripped body with abbs
    My workout is of 45 min intense..
    Monday-chest+abbs
    tuesday-triceps+biceps
    wednesday-Shoulders+abbs
    thursday-Back
    Friday-cardio+abbs
    Saturday-Cardio+legs.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Yes..I want to get a ripped body with abbs
    My workout is of 45 min intense..
    Monday-chest+abbs
    tuesday-triceps+biceps
    wednesday-Shoulders+abbs
    thursday-Back
    Friday-cardio+abbs
    Saturday-Cardio+legs.

You been lifting for many years to be needing this experienced type program?
  • imaginaryplant
    imaginaryplant Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I don't understand why you're trying to lose weight when you're also trying to get a "ripped body with abbs".

In my opinion, upping calories and change up your strength training plan. I don't understand not doing back and chest on the same day either.

You're really not going to be building new muscle when you're at a calorie deficit.
  • wkwebby
    wkwebby Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    I noticed the protein being a little light as well. Could you perhaps switch out your pure carb foods (oats and bread) to spinach, broccoli,or something else that is nutrient dense? I know spinach or broccoli is weird for breakfast, but your being a vegan is complicating the choices of protein a little. Perhaps do a protein shake for breakfast?
  • psuLemon
    Options
    If you want to looked ripped, you need muscle. At 135 you will probably barely have 110 lbs of muscle. You will not looked ripped. Being lean and having abs requires low body fat and adequate lean body mass. If you don't have both, you won't have that look. Honestly, i would start with a recomp and then work to add mass. Incorporating more protein will be a start.
  • Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    I don't understand why you're trying to lose weight when you're also trying to get a "ripped body with abbs".

ripped abs come from loosing the fat which requires a calorie deficiet.
    You're really not going to be building new muscle when you're at a calorie deficit.
    This part is true.

Adding muscle requires a slight calorie surplus, with enough protein and strength training. Followed by a period of "cutting" at a calorie deficite to loose the fat and maintain muscle. It's called the bulking and cutting cycles.

You will need at lease 1 g of complete protein for every pound of lean body mass you have throughout your cutting and bulking cycles. Very challenging to do on a vegetarian diet.

EDIT: correct spelling and grammer
  • ashishbhatt10
    Options
    So can anyone suggest me any replacement or improvement in my diet plan so that I can get enough of protien...and yes not from Non veg
  • heybales
    Options
    Besides a few plant based complete proteins, you'll need to mix and match.

If you don't, your total protein could be a decent number, but it could all be about worthless too.

For instance, notice how good black eyed peas are in the Amino Acid chart.

http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/legumes-and-legume-products/4332/2?mbid=ndhp

Links from there on other like foods, and how to use the mix/match ability they have with foods that aren't complete.
  • psuLemon
    Options
    Besides a few plant based complete proteins, you'll need to mix and match.

If you don't, your total protein could be a decent number, but it could all be about worthless too.

For instance, notice how good black eyed peas are in the Amino Acid chart.

http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/legumes-and-legume-products/4332/2?mbid=ndhp

Links from there on other like foods, and how to use the mix/match ability they have with foods that aren't complete.
    Along with this, the below thread can help.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/926789-protein-sources

And you do have the ability to supplement with protein powders.
  • ashishbhatt10
    Options
    So please suggest me a new vegan high protien diet plan as I'm unable to modify my old plan .please no eggs and non veg
  • ashishbhatt10
    Options
    So please suggest me a new vegan high protien diet plan as I'm unable to modify my old plan .please no eggs and non veg.please I need it ,a newly formed diet plan.
  • heybales
    Options
    You may have missed the 2 responses right above your question. Plenty of sources without too much work.

If you don't want to do a little figuring it out yourself, you'll need to pay for the services of a dietician or nutritionist, whatever they are called in your country, to just tell you what to eat.

But the education would be better in you learning it.

Oh, I wouldn't call it high protein diet either, that will confuse people. You are merely going for reasonable protein levels with limitations on how you get them.