Where are my non breakfast eater?

Options
Hi,

I'm a non breakfast eater. I know its the first meal of the day etc, etc. I've never liked early mornings so I 've never liked breakfast. This goes back to my high school days. I'm trying to do better but most days I don't eat anything until noon or later. I want to know from others who have a problem with eating breakfast what you do to get it in. Today was my first day trying to eat something. I had some cheese and some almonds with a large cup of water at 10:00 am. Thoughts / Suggestions are welcomed.

Replies

• neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,894 Member
    Options
    It doesn't really matter unless you feel that if you have breakfast that it will reduce your overeating in your other meals.....
  • Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member
    Options
    If you feel you need it for energy or satiety, fine. Otherwise, there isn't any need to force breakfast.
  • boricua3177
    boricua3177 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I am notorious for not eating breakfast. When I do eat breakfast, I can wait to eat lunch later. When I don't eat breakfast, I NEED to have lunch at 11. I find that I don't over eat at lunch time, so I guess I am not doing too bad. Breakfast is not my favorite meal of the day like it is for a lot of people.
  • Archerychickge
    Archerychickge Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    I am usually up no later than 6 am. I rarely eat breakfast. It's usually a cup of coffee and go. But I do typically have a little snack around 9:30 or 10 am. This morning it was fat free cottage cheese and a tablespoon of blackberry jam. SOOOO yummy.

I was BADGERED by a friend about not eating breakfast this weekend. They said I would lose more weight if I ate breakfast. It kind of made me made. I was like "DUDE, I've lost 72 pounds in 9 months.... How much faster do you think I need to lose it????"

SMH.
  • meridianova
    meridianova Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    coffee (oh sweet, sweet nectar of the dieties... all hail the goddess caffeineena!) is my breakfast, and has been for many years. i usually find that if i eat breakfast, i'm utterly starving at lunch. if i skip breakfast, i can go at least 3-4 hours longer before wanting lunch.

besides, i'm not a fan of most breakfast foods, except bacon. eggs and i have never really gotten along, and i don't do pancakes or waffles anymore. as far as i'm concerned, cereal was for eating dry out of the box in front of the TV.
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    Eat when it works for you. Breakfast will not "jump start" your metabolism or help you lose weight.

I very, very rarely eat breakfast. I might have a snack midmorning, but I usually wait to eat till around noon. It works for me.
  • j4nash
    j4nash Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    caffeine and something small if i'm working out, just caffeine if i' not.
  • mzco14
    mzco14 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Great tips. For years I've heard that I needed to eat breakfast and it would start my metabolism for the day. Guess it just depends...
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    I usually wake up at 3:00 a.m. and gym at 5. I find if I try to eat either before or immediately after, I'm hungry all day and end up bombing later. I usually have something around 10-10:30. This works for me. Do what works for you.
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    You do not have to eat breakfast in the morning.

I have coffee with a little creamer.

I have breakfast (break my fast) at 12:40 every day.
  • 1Cor1510
    1Cor1510 Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I eat if I'm hungry, but many days do not eat breakfast. Why eat if you're not hungry? As long as you hit your caloric goals for the day it doesn't matter when you eat.
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    *looks at coffe*

Yep, that's going to be about it until like 10am at the earliest. DH is always giving me crap about not eating, and now my youngest gives me hell too when I don't eat anything. :grumble:
  • cabruce54
    Options
    There's a popular (and somewhat proven) diet method based around "skipping" breakfast. Intermittent fasting is common for a lot of people trying to lose weight, and retain lean muscle. Usually I'll go at least 12, up to 16 hours, without eating. Then I can eat all my calories in the last 8 hours I'm awake!
  • JustAnotherGirlSuzanne
    Options
    I regularly skip breakfast, not so much out of conscious choice as much as that it really doesn't occur to me to fry up a couple eggs (which is a great breakfast, btw). Sometimes I have a glass of milk or OJ to tide me over until lunch if I get hungry around 11.
  • Lebowski14
    Options
    Listen to your body. If you're hungry in the morning, eat breakfast. If not, don't. That's how I roll.
  • shabaity
    shabaity Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    I'm not a morning eater never have been really frankly I like being able to sleep that extra 30 min in the am. Morning eating just makes me cranky I'd rather have those couple of big meals in the afternoon - evening than try to spread out smaller meals thru out the day and be hungry all day.
  • cw106
    cw106 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    caffeine and something small if i'm working out, just caffeine if i' not.

+1.
    note all the losses on the tickers on this thread.
    proof positive that for lots of us, breakfast isnt required.
  • bunnylion
    bunnylion Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    There is plenty of new evidence that breakfast is by far not as important as we used to think.

I do intermittent fasting where you limit your food intake to a time window of 8 hours. I eat breakfast maybe once a month.

If you struggle to eat in the morning, don't torture yourself. It doesn't really matter that much. Enjoy the calories later in the day and be happy about it :-)
  • RHachicho
    RHachicho Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    Lot's of people say it works for them. But honestly get between me and my cereal at your mortal peril. I don't feel human until I have eaten something. Sure I can go without breakfast. But it's like my body still thinks it's time for sleep.
  • FinFoxPT
    FinFoxPT Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I have tried as much as I can but I can't have breakfast and work out. On a day off it's a late late breakfast.

Just listen to what your body wants.
    Listen to your body. If you're hungry in the morning, eat breakfast. If not, don't. That's how I roll.
    -This is it!

What works for me is hot water with lemon when I first wake up. Then after my early morning work out it's a piece of fruit and my hemp protein and vitamins. This works for me. I've read a lot and tried different things but this is what works for me. It's enough to wake my systems up, if my body wanted food I would feel hungry, makes sense, after my workout I do..

Hope this helps and you find what works for you.