My first 5K done! Ready for the next one! (pic)

Options
Who would EVER have thought that I (ms. I only run if I'm being chased) would ever run a 5K... Not me!
But I did and I feel amazing.
Just wanted to share my Before and After

157b9f7b-40c5-4309-a067-eae71a88b26b_zpsec25a86f.png

a00d0b91-1b73-4821-8494-e7bb8349416a_zps5626c027.jpg

Replies

• ditacoverdale
    ditacoverdale Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Why is the damn pics not showing up!!!!
  • Asherah29
    Asherah29 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    get the direct links and add [ img ] to the front and [ / img ] to the back without the spaces. It should work then.
  • ditacoverdale
    Options
    get the direct links and add [ img ] to the front and [ / img ] to the back without the spaces. It should work then.
    Thank you!
  • vanessahaslag
    Options
    Way to go! :smile:
  • jessiruthica
    jessiruthica Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Yay! I'm on week 4 (and a half?) of C25K with the goal of a 5K in November. Hoping to post similar results!
  • naedean2014
    naedean2014 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Lol to "I only run when being chased"....I am the same but caught the running bug a few years ago too. I haven't been doing it lately (am doing mostly walking), but after seeing your post I feel the urge to sign up for a 5k! Maybe I will choose something at the end of the year and give myself time to train.
    Congrats on your achievement! You must feel fantastic. Thanks for the inspiration!
  • nielsonfam
    nielsonfam Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    NICE!! So...I'm doing my first 5K in 4 weeks and am very nervous. I'm curious...My husband said that once you are in that race environment that you end up finishing faster than you think you will because you get caught up in it and having the people around helps keep you going. Just wondering if you had that experience (if you feel like sharing). Anyway, CONGRATS!
  • momxs2
    momxs2 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Awesome results!! Good for you!!!

Thx for sharing!!
  • ILoveTheBrowns
    ILoveTheBrowns Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    fantastic
  • toniitonii
    Options
    I remember being hung over many times in the car driving back from whoevers party watching all the early birds jogging and id always say something like "WHY would you want to spend your life running at THIS time of morning, what a waste of life!"

I have just started jogging as of last week and I think I have the running bug. It's addictive.

Congratz on your accomplishment :)
  • ditacoverdale
    Options
    NICE!! So...I'm doing my first 5K in 4 weeks and am very nervous. I'm curious...My husband said that once you are in that race environment that you end up finishing faster than you think you will because you get caught up in it and having the people around helps keep you going. Just wondering if you had that experience (if you feel like sharing). Anyway, CONGRATS!

I ran way faster than I've ever run. You get so fired up running and trying to keep up with the others. It was an amazing experience!
  • firewardenjane
    Options
    Congratulations! Doesn't running just change your life? I did my first 5K this year too. I went from hating running to wondering why I haven't done it all my life. :-) I have a 10K on Sunday (first one) and I've recklessly signed up for a half-marathon next May.... Good luck in your future races!
  • Asherah29
    Asherah29 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Thank you!

Welcome, Looking fab!
  • Isakizza
    Isakizza Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!! WTG :drinker:
  • ditacoverdale
    Options
    Thanks everyone!
  • msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    Options
    Well done!
  • dlr165
    dlr165 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I am working toward that too!
  • kgaylord76
    kgaylord76 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Congrats on completing your 1st 5k! I will be running my 1st 5k next Tuesday. I've been training w/the C25K app and just completed week 6 day 1. I train 3xs a week. Every time I look at what I have to do I always think I'm going to die I can't do this, and every time I surprise myself and complete the challenge. I only have a small group of friends on MFP. I would like to have more friends for the encouragement of running.
  • jrline
    jrline Posts: 2,353 Member
    Options
    Beware running is addictive. Way to go keep it up.

29509743.png

My first 15k is 9-14-14
  • AShannon54
    AShannon54 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    You rock! Great job!!! My first 5K is this weekend on the 13th. I am very excited!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!