Supportive Primal Friends Wanted

Options
Hi,

I adopted the Primal Blueprint lifestyle 6 months ago. I have lost 47lbs/50% of my fat loss goal, but I have absolutely no support. Everyone, from my friends/daughter to people I barely know, say negative things about Primal/Paleo. So, I have decided to get a complete physical next week just to shut the naysayers up.

Other changes: I became a college student. :) I started online dating. >.< I'm having a hard time finding employment. :(

Any positive comments/support would be appreciated. Thank you!

Replies

• GetFitzy
    GetFitzy Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm not on Primal/Paleo - not really aware of them actually - but just wanted to give you support and tell you that whatever's working is what is right! Congrats on going back to school, I think about that from time to time. My employer will pay for part of schooling, but my job is stressful, so I have trouble imagining going to class after work. Other stuff - I met my husband through online dating after a friend of mine met her boyfriend through the same site, so best of luck and hang in there! I am on a job hunt too. Wouldn't even mind staying with my employer but in a different capacity. Here's to job hunting (and man hunting for you!)
  • tiptoethruthetulips
    tiptoethruthetulips Posts: 3,365 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on the fat loss so far.

If people you hardly know are commenting on what you eat I would say that perhaps you are over sharing too much. Don't give people an opportunity to comment. If you don't share they can't comment. If people comment negatively on what you are eating, just nod or say thanks and continue on eating.
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    caveman.gif
  • Derp_Diggler
    Derp_Diggler Posts: 1,456 Member
    Options
    caveman.gif

I totally read that in Morgan Freeman's voice

And OP, good job on your loss.
  • happyfunnysexy
    Options
    I'm not on Primal/Paleo - not really aware of them actually - but just wanted to give you support and tell you that whatever's working is what is right! Congrats on going back to school, I think about that from time to time. My employer will pay for part of schooling, but my job is stressful, so I have trouble imagining going to class after work. Other stuff - I met my husband through online dating after a friend of mine met her boyfriend through the same site, so best of luck and hang in there! I am on a job hunt too. Wouldn't even mind staying with my employer but in a different capacity. Here's to job hunting (and man hunting for you!)
  • misschristineelizabeth
    Options
    Hello! Feel free to add me as a friend. Congrats on your loss so far. I am going back to school as well, and I met my boyfriend on an online dating site! He loves my primal/paleo meals and is very supportive, so there are some great people out there!
  • stephilderton
    stephilderton Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Just restarting my journey as well! Hope your journey is still going well!