No Luck Losing Weight

Options
I have been eating healthy [eating the calories I should (1550) and eating food every 3 hrs] and exercising 4 times a week (one hour each day) and I have not lost one pound in the last two weeks. Also, I am drinking at least 64 oz of water a day. Today I increased my calorie intake to 1700 thinking maybe i wasn't eating enough. Any suggestions on why I am not losing??????

Replies

• aeryn69
    aeryn69 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Are you tracking your measurements? Sometimes you can lose inches but not lose any weight. Don't forget that your body is made up of lots of different kinds of things, fat is just one of them. If you're building muscle (which weighs more than fat) while losing the fat then you can be lose inches while not actually seeing any change on the scale.
  • martinkwalker
    Options
    Maybe some calories sneaking in somewhere? like creamer? Starbucks? It may be water weight too, how is your salt intake? a lot?

What are u doing for the hour workout? Cardio I would suppose?
  • Aeriel
    Aeriel Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    If you are trying the more calorie route, make sure to give it a few weeks to see if it helps. It always helps me when I hit a plateau that has lasted more than a few weeks.

A few questions:

How fast are you trying to lose weight? 2 lbs a week? 1 pound?
    How much weight total do you want to lose?
    Have you lost weight already or are you just getting started?
    Do you weigh/measure your portions or are you estimating?
    Do you monitor sodium levels?
  • usmcwifemom
    Options
    I've run into the same problem at times. Eating 1200 calories and spending 4-5 hours a week at the gym w/ aerobic exercise....on top of being a moderately active person. I did this for 3 weeks and did not lose a pound. It was very depressing. I have two theories about this. 1 - it's winter! The only winter I have not gained weight was one winter when I lived in AZ and it was still 75 degrees all December long. 2. INSULIN! I have had type 1 diabetes since I was 5 and there is definitely a relationship between weight loss and insulin amounts. The less insulin I take, the more likely I am for my healthy eating and exercising habits to pay off. (of course, I can see the amount of insulin I take each day with my insulin pump, whereas others can't see an actual number for this. Stinks, huh. I'm not a fan of the low carb - high fat 'diet', but do believe in paying CLOSE attention to the kind of carbs that you eat. You use less insulin when the carbs you eat are not refined sugar, but carbs in a close natural state; whole grain bread and fruits will require less insulin than say the same number of carbs in a candy bar because they are absorbed at a different rate. Don't give up...keep pressing on and stay positive!
  • sweetdianachka
    sweetdianachka Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Have you checked your heart rate while you work out? I just started wearing a heart monitor (about $50 i got at ****'s sporting goods) and I was told to be burning fat you want to be working between 60-70% of your max heart rate. I used to work out super hard and actually when you do that you just burn carbs apparently and not fat. I'm doing a bit more research now anyways, but its just a suggestion.

Good luck!
  • pbeckford
    Options
    I am recording each morsel of food and fluids. I am doing 1 hr of zumba or latin fusion dance class and 15-30 minutes on the eliptical. My salt intake is under the amount recommended by the myfitnesspal application. At this point I guess I can assume it is water retention????? I am drinking at least 64 oz a day.

I want to lose 100 lbs by Jan 2012. I'm hoping for 8-10 lbs a month.
    I've lost 4 lbs since I started
    I have been monitoring my food actively since January.
    I did not measure myself when I started, but I feel no difference in my clothes.
    I do measure my food.